How did you start?

• Total voters

atomicgirl24

Reaction score
Back in the day (10 years ago), I was a huge Sims fan, so wanted to post videos of me building houses in-game.

Today, I YouTube because I have a bunch of old, obscure media (radio shows, stuff I recorded on VHS) that I'd like to share with the world.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm obsessed with Dungeons & Dragons 5e to begin with. I play and DM (dungeon master) as often as I can afford time-wise.
So, naturally, being immersed into the system and the culture surrounding it, I started making videos about power-builds and character optimization after watching the ol' pal Alex Becker's videos about making millions of dollars on YT lol.

I never expected and won't ever make millions doing this. I'm not operating within a multi-million dollar niche. However, I feel like I'm close to making this YT thing a stable and diversified primary income stream via Patreon, Adsense and affiliate programs in the future.

The hobby seems to be growing so I don't have to worry about immediate longevity. Even if it dies completely, I'll be able to switch into something else. I've always been an escapist and I'll just find another hobby that interests me and transition over there if necessary.

Get-gaming.tv

Reaction score
Hey guys hope u dont mind me posting I'm kinda new to youtube and looking to grow my channel support would be much highly appreciated

Fizzlepop

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did it initially to support my daughters aspiration to be a Youtuber. I do it now because we both fell in love with the process and artform of making videos!

ItsMeRay

Hey there, Ray here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do it for fun and so in the future I could look back at the things I've done

Isterman

Reaction score
I wanted to share my videos, and youtube was only site I knew of where you could upload and save your videos.

Brett Hornby

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Since I watch a ton. Feel that I want to be a part of it. First was inspired by The Hockey Guy. I'm a Calgary sports fan on my channel. Also gives me a creative outlet.