How did you start?

• Total voters

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've had a similar experience, I feel that YouTube has made me much more confident and really helped me to be less harsh on myself and the things that I do, which is something I really struggled with for a long time. Although that's not the actual reason I make YouTube videos, it's just an unexpected benefit.

ATM Plays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do YouTube because I already played games all the time and I did not see why I couldn't record and post them.

Reactions: alexoah and TC-PRO

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I YouTube because it's given me the confidence to get over seeing my face all the time and embrace the little things - like the fact that my mouth moves weirdly, my super duper ultra attractive expressions and the fact that I talk a lot. It's allowed me to come to terms with my insecurities and parts of me that need work. And I'm working on those, for sure!

I want to help people - there are hundreds of folks out there without access to a decent education or people who are willing to listen. I want to be that person for as many people as I can, even if I only help by a tiny amount.

I've also met so many great people and found some seriously incredible creators as a result. I've been able to collaborate on videos with awesome people, I've laughed my way through some tougher times and I've grown smarter and stronger overall!

Last edited:

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I do it for support and the social aspect aswell as getting people to know me

Reactions: darkstarmedia

ChristineElisabeth

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I was 16, I was diagnosed with a rare and serious auto immune disease called Evan Syndrome. My mom and step dad bought me a laptop when I was 19. I was going to school for paralegal, but I got really sick, like never before. I spent a lot of time on my computer. I was still going to school Monday-Thursday, and getting treatments on Fridays. The treatments made me really ill and I wound upon leave 4 different times from school. I wasn't allowed to do much of anything, because Evans Syndrome causes you to bleed internally and externally. I have to be careful not even to bump into a wall when it's bad. I was basically on bed rest, so I decided to make a Youtube channel and I wound up really enjoying it.

Rusty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do my YouTube because I love to share with other people my progression in a certain game. Another reason is because I love to edit my videos which really gives me satisfaction when I look back at what I did and see how I did and maybe make changes.

Rigzy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I make videos because it's a fun hobby and it fills a void in my rather dull life :p. I tried to give up making videos and after a few months I found that I had a growing urge to create things, so I made a fresh channel and chose a style that I can have fun with! I'm much happier when I have just finished working hard on a new video and get that satisfaction of putting it out there in the wild :).

bodaniel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I youtube because it is something that I put off doing for years. Finally a couple of weeks back I just decided to finally do it.

I do it because it is a creative outlet I never had, it builds my confidence, I am continuously developing my skills, I grow from each video I make, I love editing and its just a great hobby to have!

Danny.K

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I YouTube so that I can build a community where misfits and outcast can dwell and share advice or their life experience. I never had an outlet like this before where I can connect with people just like me and It sucked. Now that I'm 21 I don't want teens or young adults to feel how I did "lonely,pathetic, lost causes" and build each other up and motivate each other to become what we daydream about :) and I'm the mentor lol that's why I YouTube