How did you start?

• Total voters
Hey guys! I would like to hear your reasons as to why you do YouTube!
I myself do YouTube as a hobby because I like to make videos with friends.
Why do you do it? :)

Hey guys! I would like to hear your reasons as to why you do YouTube!
I myself do YouTube as a hobby because I like to make videos with friends.
Why do you do it? :)
I originally started a channel to show my videos to family and friends without having to send a huge file every time. THEN I got my pups, and I film them all the time. Dogs do funny things, and still I wanted to originally share with friends and family. THEN I realized I could make money. I would still do the same videos, but I wouldn't promote as much if I didn't make money. I like to show people my videos... I'm part Asian so I love to do camera stuff, I take a lot of pictures and video. YouTube is just a small part, I take thousands of pictures that I like to share. WAY before YouTube I used to do video and pictures, I've always liked it. I would still do videos and pictures if I made $0, I just wouldn't promote my stuff like I do.

Youtube is my hobby right now. I wanted to create something while doing something I love which is playing video games. I have seen so many other let's players and love what they bring and the entertainment they give us that I wanted to do the same. I treat it as a hobby because right now with how small I am if I treated this like I a career I would be crying right now. Keeping it as the idea of a Hobby lets me keep creating and not worry about the numbers. I know they will grow over time, since as we all know Rome was not built in a day. For me its just wanting to make something and share it with people so that for a few minutes a day they can forget their normal lives and escape into another world that they may not have access to themselves for what ever reason.

I do it because I'm completely addicted to youtube. I don't watch tv other than a few select shows so this is how I spend my time when I'm not writing new music for my band. My section of the country is some of the most beautiful in the world and I want to share that with others.

Back