How did you start?

• Total voters

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do youtube because I want to show people different places of the world, and I do have a passion for traveling, and I also wanted to tell my stories and experiences!

Onlinetechs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Other
I never became a teacher, though I love teaching. I feel YouTube is the only medium in which I can deliver information about what I know best, computers. In 2008 I created a video for a friend that garnered so many views and thank you comments that it had inspired me; I thought to myself "Hey why don't I do more of these, it's pretty darn easy". Considering I never show my face but only speak into a mic and record my screen, making videos became simple and fun. I didn't even know much about the partnership program back than, it was by invite only; that wasn't really why I created my materials. I actually enjoy teaching and giving people information that I think they may find useful, especially in my vertical which is computer science & computer information systems. I wish real life wouldn't have gotten in the way of making my channel bigger, but I often try and continue to produce content that I feel people in my fields or in the IT spectrum will enjoy. That's really why I do what I do, I may not be best at it but I don't really do it to be the best; I do it simply because it is a very pleasurable experience both creating content and seeing how the audience benefit and enjoy.

Reactions: Redford1900

joeline

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it to share my knowledge, and learn along the way. I have two sons and a step son and no females to share my love for make up, hair and cloths with so i share it with the world. Hopefully people will appreciate it more than my sons and bf do lol.

Creepy Colin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Because this is probably some of the most I fun I've had doing comedy in a while. I play live quite often and I've done standup a handful of times now, but since I started learning how to create my own videos I've gotten alot more satisfaction in doing the combo of acting, writing, directing, and editing to make it all happen the way I want it to.

The musical comedy aspect of it all (for my channel and life in general) is still very important to me, and I'd still realllllyyyy like to have an album out by next year, but right now I feel more fulfilled working on videos.

For example, I have so many characters to play with, even if they make people (including myself) somewhat uncomfortable...

Neshasimmer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do it to connect with other people, laugh about life & the game I am playing, and to be creative.

pamplemousse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
I started making videos because I was at a rather low point in my life and it was good to have a creative outlet. Instead of dwelling on stuff I would concentrate on video ideas.

Another reason was because the feeling of being in a community is awesome and I wanted to experience that. I wanted to make videos and make friends with others who made videos and help each other and meet new people.

Reactions: TranquilGeo

John Baxter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I YouTube because I love to laugh and my hopes are that some people will laugh at me and with me! There's no better stress relief for me than comedy and if I can put a smile on somebody's face, it's worth the painstaking effort of creating funny cartoons.

Reactions: TranquilGeo

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I YouTube for fun mostly. And for sharing my knowledge which I learned in high school, college and what I learned myself without any support from outside or going to any learning courses. For fun I started in 2009 with one funny clip recorded with some old Sony Ericsson phone (360p somehow recorded :p ) and with knowledge sharing started in early 2013 (February 9. 2013 was day of my first ever tutorial). Also I YouTube because of gaming (collab channel with best friend from primary school) and because of sharing memories (Catholic Summer Camp near Sibenik, Croatia).
Long story short: created YouTube account in 2007, first upload was in 2009, and after that in 2014 changed 3 channels and now run 2 channels (from early 2015 collab, and from last week new personal)

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I initially started a channel so I could publish a soccer video of my daughter so college coaches could recruit her. Then I realized I liked filming and making videos so I did more videos that were highlights of my kids' high school sports teams. I didn't care about building a channel and I still don't for my personal channel.

However, now I care very much about the channel I am working on for an animal shelter. In 2014 I started volunteering at an animal shelter to make adoption videos. Now I am also revamping their YouTube channel to make money for the shelter.

I like the challenge of trying to make an entertaining video that can make money for a good cause. I like trying to get better each week and learning something new about film making and the YouTube marketing / money-making process. Learning and trying to improve each week keeps it interesting, but I will measure my success based on if I can create a decent revenue stream for the shelter.

Reactions: Taylor Lewis