How did you start?

• Total voters
I used to do it a long time ago to share tips and tricks with the RuneScape community in hopes of becoming efamous. I got recognized but the community was super tiny and wouldn't lead to large YouTube success.

Now, I have a hobby that I genuniely enjoy and I see that there is a whole community behind it that supports each other. It's not large, as before, but it's great to see the different demographics involved with it. LEGO is my niche and seeing all the different styles of LEGO channels gives me a lot of hope that my content has a purpose and also that it could really take off some day. If it doesn't, I wouldn't be upset because I enjoy making my videos as opposed to before when I would create content because I thought it was the way to make me famous.

Either way, I've been enjoying myself a lot this time around and certainly plan on staying here for a while both on YT and the forums here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I started my channel thinking I could make money doing this and found out the hard way, but in the time I've been making videos I've grown to get better at making them and enjoy making them in the process. My first video is still on my channel and I leave it there to remind me how far I've come. All though it wasn't my first attempt, I was still scared to make that first step into being known on YouTube. And true, my goal is to make money on Youtube but I've learned how to take pride in my work and would rather earn it knowing that I'm entertaining, making someone laugh, or just being someone's spirit up. With out Youtube I don't feel like I'm doing anything that really makes me feel happy or gives me the feeling of fulfillment.

I do it to make myself proud, and it is fun. It is a challenge to learn. But I feel accomplished once a video is complete. Feels like I am doing something right!

Interesting question...

At first it just started because someone I use to watch actually revealed how they captured game and voice at the same time, and it was rather simple and thought I could try it, and it seemed really fun, to be able to play something and share it with others was a grand concept, and it was extremely fun.

since then, making videos has become more challenging, in terms of editing, capturing, and presenting what you are playing in an entertaining way has helped me in so many ways. working on my voice, my shyness and even help to boost my confidence. I am still learning and growing, but doing youtube has helped me as a person, and I hope to be able to entertain others as youtube has entertained me.

I love creativity and YouTube helps with that 100%.

Funny thing i started this out of fun and to help relive social anxiety before i go to college. i find that if i can walk through the streets with a camera pointed at me and talk to it than i can concur social anxiety and relieve the stress of others judging and watching me because i shouldn't have to feel weird being around strangers that judge me i should feel free and myself at all times. if you wanna follow my journey though this come to my channel subscribe and keep up with my progress.[DOUBLEPOST=1529432874,1529432845][/DOUBLEPOST]Funny thing i started this out of fun and to help relive social anxiety before i go to college. i find that if i can walk through the streets with a camera pointed at me and talk to it than i can concur social anxiety and relieve the stress of others judging and watching me because i shouldn't have to feel weird being around strangers that judge me i should feel free and myself at all times. if you wanna follow my journey though this come to my channel subscribe and keep up with my progress.

I started because my son's wanted me to make it so we can share our adventures and interests. I didn't think I'd like it but I honestly do. I wanna make my videos better and improve our content. We are only a small channel but my goal is to make it bigger.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube

i just made a video just for the sake of it, i didn't know it was gonna get popular

Back