Hi! What can I use to just 'cut' pieces of my videos? Since I do Let's Plays, I just want to remove draggy parts that I wouldn't want to include.

Well you can use something like Vegas to cut them, and I know YT Studio offers some post production trimming facilities now. If you're looking for a free thing that works like Vegas, you could try Shotcut.

I'm a big fan of Screenflow - I've only used it for a few months but it's so much better that how I was working before. I made educational videos on Keynote and timed the animations manually to fit with my voiceover. The results were OK but I find it so much easier with Screenflow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I edit all my videos in Adobe Premiere CC Edition then I take the footage and upload it into Sony Vegas 16 if I need to make any changes that I didn't catch in Adobe Premiere CC! Afterwards, I use Adobe Media Encoder in order to render in 4K.

Windows Movie Maker. Used it for the last 10 years. Does the job. Free.

Watch a major movie and you will see that all the filming and editing is simple set shot work. No zooming, no panning, plenty of close ups, short time frame clips, no special effects just for the hell of it. Use the same format and you can't go wrong. You don't need a zillion fancy effects and features to make a good/excellent video.

Just follow their lead. After all, the big studios have been doing it from day one and know what works.

Back