Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I've been using Premiere Pro for a few months and it's great (my wife works for a university so we are able to get it through them for home use - pretty sweet). I am admittedly a complete novice and learning as I go. I tend to learn a new technique (such as zooming in or slowmo) and then run it into the ground in the first video I use it. Then I tend to settle down and use them more appropriately. Enjoying the process though!

Arni

Reaction score
I use a Filmora 9 I like it, I think it's kind of overkill for my skills. But I think I can grow with it as I learn more and don't have to switch.
No I trying to learn green screen in Filmora.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
The take away message is that pretty much all the major ones will work - and often comes down to personal preference.
There's not really any wrong answer here.

Someone familiar with the Adobe Suite e.g. has used photoshop for many years - will likely find Premiere more comfortable/familiar. And that;'s great for them. If that enables their creative process - all the better.

I refuse to use a subscription model, however, so was forced to look elsewhere which is how I came by DaVinci Resolve.

It's FREE. It's powerful. It's used by professionals - and most people using it for YT would never even need to upgrade to the paid version (and even that is a one-off updates forever fee, not a subscription). The FREE version has more features than the paid version of many other video editors.

It is good for not simply video editing but also includes Fusion (VFX), Fairlight (music) and colour grading. Of those, Fusion is the real highlight.

To me, the advantage of Resolve is being able to do all those things in the one program - no need to export to other programs, fiddle and then re-import.,

And that's why Resolve is the best.... for me. :)

GameTropolis

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 24 is available on Humble Bundle for $1 / 73p, be quick though only a few more days.