• No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

SerjEpic

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am interested, but not oping in just yet. I think some of the features should be free like stays open in the background, but I do wonder what this means for content creators!
This might help with revenue for some content creators. A 1000 views usually equals to $1-$5, but with RED you can make a lot more it just depends on how long people watch you. If 1000 people are subscribed to 20 channels and they watch all the channels equally, each channel will get $250.[DOUBLEPOST=1445470060,1445469972][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think it will make any big changes for creators bottom line, and adblock will continue as normal.
Google is working on stopping adblock from working on Youtube.[DOUBLEPOST=1445470271][/DOUBLEPOST]
I purposely didn't post any information here. Why bother!

People encouraging the use of ad-blocking apps directly contrary to the benefits of creators.

Smaller channels complaining that this is going to hurt them (no proof).
I agree with you ad-blockers dose not help Youtube or content creators, they only slow down the growth of Youtubers. RED is only going to help smaller channels.

Reactions: markkaz

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This might help with revenue for some content creators. A 1000 views usually equals to $1-$5, but with RED you can make a lot more it just depends on how long people watch you. If 1000 people are subscribed to 20 channels and they watch all the channels equally, each channel will get $250.[DOUBLEPOST=1445470060,1445469972][/DOUBLEPOST]
Google is working on stopping adblock from working on Youtube.[DOUBLEPOST=1445470271][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with you ad-blockers dose not help Youtube or content creators, they only slow down the growth of Youtubers. RED is only going to help smaller channels.
I was just wondering, where did you hear about YouTube wanting to stop adblock, I didn't see any mention of it anywhere.

Emily Richardson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys! I apologize for not posting in a little while, I've been super busy with midterms and projects and such. But today I discovered something concerning that I just HAD to discuss with all of you.

This afternoon, YouTube announced on their official blog the launch of YouTube Red, which is set to be let loose in the U.S. on October 28 before making its way to other countries. Basically this new version asks viewers to pay $9.99/month for a membership. ($12.99 If you're an apple user-thanks "iTunes Tax" :stomp:) This membership then gives you the ability to watch videos ad-free, gives you an exclusive subscription to Google Play Music as well as the up-and-coming YouTube Music app and a bunch of other really interesting perks.

This all sounds like an avid YT'ers dream-who doesn't jump up when they hear the word "exclusive"?-but there is one tiiiiiiiiiny detail YouTube oddly left out of their post. Basically, on the same day YouTube Red is made official, uploaders will be asked just like anyone else if they would like to sign up for the free one month trial. The only difference is, if creators decide not to join, all videos that they've posted will be made private.

...:help:...

Anyone who is on this site probably knows that with videos comes views, and with views comes two things: money and subscribers. If you take out the videos, you lose new subscribers; take out new subscribers and now you've lost views and....well you see where I'm going with this. For big-name YouTubers, this may or may not be all that big of a deal, as quite a few of them have already signed on with Red to begin work on some very Netflix-ey original shows that will become a part of the exclusive membership package. Some of these uploaders include iiSuperwomanii, The Fine Brothers, Pewdiepie and Joey Graceffa just to name a few. But for us little guys who may not be able to afford $9.99/month, this news could actually cut our YT careers very, very short.

I finally worked up the nerve to start my channel for real two months ago after spending years dreaming of joining the likes of Dan and Phil and Jenna Marbles. And after seven weeks of videos, I've begun to feel really confident in my content. My subscribers count isn't all that high, but my comments are positive and the videos are enjoyable for me to make and edit. So when I caught wind of this "join us or say goodbye to your public videos" ultimatum....well, I'm not ashamed to say I kind of snapped and cried everywhere. :cry2:

Now, I don't know if I'm being ridiculous or not, but if you feel the same way I do, please let me know. And if you don't, also let me know and let's chat about this. Because as a community of newbs and novices, I think YouTube Red is possibly more of a hot topic for us than anybody else.

Anyways, I hope you guys are having a great week and night so far, I love you all!

Emily :dance:

FoldingNotes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Commentator, Animator
I actually don't even mind that. October 28th is actually my birthday to be honest (not Dec 21). That should lessen the competition. :D

I don't care about making money right now.

ProductionPeople1

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was unsure about it too, but I found multiple articles about it. I'm still skeptical but if it's true then I don't like this at all.
Yeah it doesn't sound real but multiple articles have said it. But each site doesn't seem reliable to me. I really don't want that too happen. I read that it's because they don't want a Youtube Red subscriber to see that some content is privated, but I was wondering why don't they just have the videos with ads just be public like regular?

Emily Richardson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah it doesn't sound real but multiple articles have said it. But each site doesn't seem reliable to me. I really don't want that too happen. I read that it's because they don't want a Youtube Red subscriber to see that some content is privated, but I was wondering why don't they just have the videos with ads just be public like regular?
I know right? It seems silly to change the way YouTube is set up at all at this point to me. Like the last two years have been HUGE for their biggest uploaders, why are they deciding to screw with what's working at their peak?

Reactions: ProductionPeople1

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube oddly left out of their post. Basically, on the same day YouTube Red is made official, uploaders will be asked just like anyone else if they would like to sign up for the free one month trial.
I think they mean you have to agree to the terms of making your channel videos eligible for the subscription service. Not that you need to purchase the subscription yourself.

Here's the Tech Crunch article:
http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/21/an-offer-creators-cant-refuse/

Reactions: chottom and V3XL0R