• No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Looks great but there are two very important things that have had no mention whatsoever, what does this mean for us content creators and are adblock users going to be effected in any way.
I don't think it will make any big changes for creators bottom line, and adblock will continue as normal.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think it will make any big changes for creators bottom line, and adblock will continue as normal.
I think it will affect it in some way, I mean there will definitely be less ad clicks (because some of the people who were clicking on ads will no longer be seeing them), so some of that subscription revenue will definitely be coming our way, I really don't see how it couldn't change.

Also yeah we'll have to see about adblock, I think if Google was to block it or something like that they would be pretty quite about it (although I'm sure the internet won't be quiet).

WeKanGame

Superman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am interested, but not oping in just yet. I think some of the features should be free like stays open in the background, but I do wonder what this means for content creators!

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I am interested, but not oping in just yet. I think some of the features should be free like stays open in the background, but I do wonder what this means for content creators!
You don't have a choice if you want to monetize. If you don't opt into it youtube will disable monetization for your channel.

Reactions: RBG

WeKanGame

Superman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You don't have a choice if you want to monetize. If you don't opt into it youtube will disable monetization for your channel.
I don't mean that, I mean buying it personally. I don't see a reason for it. Sorry for confusion! XD

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Socialblade has posted an article about how the changes will effect us, it seems like it will affect it for the better. Can't post links but if you go to socialblade's blog it's right at the top.

FoldingNotes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Commentator, Animator
October 28th is actually my birthday.

Kaleido

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't help but feel that this is going to be absolutely awful for smaller channels. We're going to be losing a bunch of potential earnings if a lot of people sign up for this service and watch our channels, but it also makes them less likely to watch small channels in the first place since they have exclusive content to watch from people who are already massive...

Socialblade has posted an article about how the changes will effect us, it seems like it will affect it for the better. Can't post links but if you go to socialblade's blog it's right at the top.
SocialBlade's calculations are nonsense on this (which I guess isn't surprising considering how they generally calculate earnings on their site lol). Anyone who signs up for this service is probably watching WAY more than 7 videos a day already, and they assume that person is going to spend 25% of their watch time on your channel? Where did they get that number? I don't even watch much Youtube and I'm subscribed to hundreds of channels, so my watchtime is 1/25th of what they're anticipating here per channel.

Basically what this means is, if you're part of the 'exclusive content' club, you're going to be making more money than ever, but if you're not you're going to make almost nothing off of these viewers.

This is also going to 'split' the entire Youtube community. You know how people get upset when a creator launches a Patreon with exclusive content, and it splits their community and irritates a lot of people? Youtube basically just did this across the board for everyone. It's a shame.

edit: I forgot to add, it's expensive! It's more than a Netflix subscription, and that has actual TV shows and professional content! Seems a little ridiculous...

Reactions: RBG

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't help but feel that this is going to be absolutely awful for smaller channels. We're going to be losing a bunch of potential earnings if a lot of people sign up for this service and watch our channels, but it also makes them less likely to watch small channels in the first place since they have exclusive content to watch from people who are already massive...

SocialBlade's calculations are nonsense on this (which I guess isn't surprising considering how they generally calculate earnings on their site lol). Anyone who signs up for this service is probably watching WAY more than 7 videos a day already, and they assume that person is going to spend 25% of their watch time on your channel? Where did they get that number? I don't even watch much Youtube and I'm subscribed to hundreds of channels, so my watchtime is 1/25th of what they're anticipating here per channel.

Basically what this means is, if you're part of the 'exclusive content' club, you're going to be making more money than ever, but if you're not you're going to make almost nothing off of these viewers.

This is also going to 'split' the entire Youtube community. You know how people get upset when a creator launches a Patreon with exclusive content, and it splits their community and irritates a lot of people? Youtube basically just did this across the board for everyone. It's a shame.

edit: I forgot to add, it's expensive! It's more than a Netflix subscription, and that has actual TV shows and professional content! Seems a little ridiculous...
I was more wanting to mention it just so you all will know exactly how it will work, not really for their estimates. Yeah though I am really interested in seeing how this affects my earnings after it's release, I hope it won't be any less but I do personally think that it will be either almost the same or more than before. We'll just have to see, it is U.S only first but most of my viewer base is from there anyway.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I purposely didn't post any information here. Why bother!

People encouraging the use of ad-blocking apps directly contrary to the benefits of creators.

Smaller channels complaining that this is going to hurt them (no proof).

Reactions: Crown