Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Adrian Escalante

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really want to know your opinion on YOUTUBE RED and how you feel about it

Reaction score
After reading quite a bit about Red, do you creators who monetize through Partner/Adsense HAVE to signup for Red?

stark

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My thoughts are wait and see, it depends on implementation and things that have yet to be made clear. I gather from what has been said so far that the cut you'll see of the 55% is based on what percentage of a viewers total time spent watching videos was watching you, which is interesting if true (taking everything with a pinch of salt, lots of misinformation and imprecise communication going on). If true, it's interesting because it puts even more of an emphasis on long form content. If it's done on a per viewer basis and not a global aggregate, it could boost niche content. Too many questions to have answered before forming an opinion.

Reactions: Adrian Escalante
Reaction score
I have not got monetized content yet, but think that Youtube should have sent an informative email to all creators explaining the whole red situation. I feel there if A LOT of confusion.[DOUBLEPOST=1446064013,1446063898][/DOUBLEPOST]
After reading quite a bit about Red, do you creators who monetize through Partner/Adsense HAVE to signup for Red?
I just read that when you do not agree to have your videos included in youtube red your content will not be public anymore.

joeline

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been hearing alot of talk about the youtube red but i guess its optional and i don't believe they will force subscribers to use the service. but i guess there is always a bit of uncertainty with new stuff I just hope it does more good 4 us creators.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is something with YouTube red of which nobody brainstormed before:
YouTube Red can have effect on millions of channels if people who allowed their music/games etc to be freely uploaded to YouTube and monetized as long as you don't charge for the service decide to take action. Now with YouTube Red there is CHARGE for the service, which makes all those who uploaded CC-BY-NC material in violation of their license. So now if greedy musicians claim their music, they will get rich in no time. Just a hypothesis, not believing it is going to happen.