• No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There must be a misunderstanding. I doubt YT would arbitrarily opt in 90% of the channel's and tell 10% they had to opt in or else.
Then go to your monetization settings. It says youtube subscription right in the terms which means you opted in without being asked

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
No You don't have to pay. I contacted Youtube Space again in LA. I was told that 90 percent of YouTube Accounts were automatically opted in to RED. Only the major Networks have to opt in manually. So Everyone is pretty much all set.[DOUBLEPOST=1445814368,1445814339][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's not what a guy from Youtube LA Space told me. But I guess we will wait and see.
Who's "a guy"? Just phoned em up and they gave information that hasn't been announced directly by YouTube yet eh?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Then go to your monetization settings. It says youtube subscription right in the terms which means you opted in without being asked
I got the notice. I opted in just like everybody else who's content will be availble to YouTube Red paid subscribers.

TilleyVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't be fooled when they say 99% of Youtubers already plan to join Youtube Red, they are saying 99% of the 1% Royalty. [Edited By Staff]

Last edited by a moderator:

SerjEpic

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is bad for big channels.

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
They still make bank. But they're mad tho lol

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Interesting little tidbit for the Minecraft content creators out there:
https://mojang.com/2015/10/were-updating-our-legal-documents/

The most significant change is that, if you decide to restrict your stream to paying users, the video must be made available for free 24 hours after the original broadcast date. Just like all user-created Minecraft videos, you’re free to monetize your work with ads, if you please.

We’re happy for you to make money for your hard work and to feature an exclusivity period for dedicated fans, but we don’t like the idea of permanently restricting Minecraft content to a select group of players. That’s not in the spirit of the game.