• No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Any idea's of when exactly this may launch?
All indications are that it will be coming in a couple weeks. Remember, nothing changes. Viewers get the same experience that they always have had. They can use the free ad-supported YouTube or pay for a subscription for an ad-free experience.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
All indications are that it will be coming in a couple weeks. Remember, nothing changes. Viewers get the same experience that they always have had. They can use the free ad-supported YouTube or pay for a subscription for an ad-free experience.
Hope so, I thnk ill be paying for this myself, but I wish there were a couple of extra perks added for creators as well as viewers :)

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hope so, I thnk ill be paying for this myself, but I wish there were a couple of extra perks added for creators as well as viewers :)
I'm absolutely paying! I watch a lot of videos =)
Even the USA late night shows are now monetizing their channels. (Kimmel, Fallon)
NBC's channel has 30 second non-skippable ads =(

Reactions: Lightsen

LionWaffles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think they feel the heat of Twitch; they have a similar feature. On Twitch you are kind of cool if you donate or subscribe to a streamer. You show your support, you don't have ads and your name gets shown, giving you a feeling of importance.
Twitch Turbo right?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Has anyone had the email prompting them to agree to the new TOS? I received the email back in April telling me about the changes but I haven't received the recent one mentioned in the article that @markkaz linked to above. There's nothing in my dashboard either. I'm in Europe FWIW.

Hazakii

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yer i agree it would suck a lot but help at the same time.... well then again every idea has its ups and downs.

Kryptonite

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Defiantly very interesting, I don't quite know if i like this idea or not.

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
For years, YouTube’s fans have been telling us they want more—more choice when watching their favorite content, more ways to support their favorite creators and, above all, the option to watch their favorite videos uninterrupted.

On October 28, we’re giving fans exactly what they want. Introducing YouTube Red -- a new membership designed to provide you with the ultimate YouTube experience.

YouTube Red lets you enjoy videos across all of YouTube without ads, while also letting you save videos to watch offline on your phone or tablet and play videos in the background, all for $9.99 a month. Your membership extends across devices and anywhere you sign into YouTube, including our recently launched Gaming app and a brand new YouTube Music app we’re announcing today that will be available soon.

YouTube Music is designed to make discovering, watching and listening to music easier than ever. Any song or artist you choose on YouTube Music will start you on a personal journey through one of the richest music catalogs; just sign in, tap a track you love, and see where your music takes you. And as a special bonus - YouTube Red works with Google Play Music, so subscribe to one and automatically get access to the other.
youtube-global.blogspot.ca/2015/10/red.html

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks great but there are two very important things that have had no mention whatsoever, what does this mean for us content creators and are adblock users going to be effected in any way.