• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just hit 100,000 views! On the path to 1k subs

Robot Elixir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I've just passed the 100,000 views mark on my channel - YAY!!!!

My channel is now 2 years old and I'm super excited with this achievement. I'm hoping to reach the 1k subscriber milestone soon and to be honest I thought I'd have reached that sooner, but I'm not complaining. At least people are watching and liking my content.

When I started out on Youtube my goals were only based on gaining subscribers - 100, 200, 500, 1000 etc. But as I've grown wiser with how Youtube works and rewards its creators - it's far better to strive for views (and try to grow your watch time stats).

On my channel I showcase my collection of old, rare and collectible toy robots. If there are any robot fans here I'd really appreciate if you could spare some time and take a look.

The link is below in my post footer ;)

=======

For those of you who are just starting out on YT here's some (not so obvious) things I've learnt along the way:

RINSE AND REPEAT
- If one particular video on your channel has more views than most - try to work out why and create more of those types of videos.

LONG TERM APPEAL
- Even if you don't get many views from your subscribers within the first week/month or so - if your videos are well titled and tagged they can gradually generate good long-term views via 'suggested' and 'search' traffic.

COMPARISONS
- Avoid comparing your channel with others it'll only drive you mad/crazy - I'm even guilty of this.

ACTIVITY
- Reply to most (if not all) comments and try to add a question in the reply to keep the conversation going. Also, actively engage and comment on other channels in your niche.

RE-EVALUATIONS
- Don't change the title, tags or thumbnail of videos which are getting good regular views - this can cause YT to re-evaluate your video and your views may stall. Only do this to help re-ignite older videos that have stalled or those that are under-performing.

PLAYLISTS
- Don't create new playlists at the same time as you upload a video. Creating playlists is thought to go towards your 'upload frequency' score and so it is best to create them on a non-video-upload day.

If anybody reading this has any 'good' strategies on gaining subscribers I'd really love to hear them. Thanks for reading.

=======

Robot Elixir - Bringing robots to life!
o<[ ( *) # ( *) ]>o

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
WOW from me also. First thank you for the tips, you wrote many useful stuff here. Second well done on your channel, that is really huge. Please post when you reach 1k subs, so we can celebrate together :). Congrats and i will check your channel

Robot Elixir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks for the support, I'll certainly be sharing my 1k subscriber milestone when it happens. ;)