I started my youtube channel because I like creating content and editing it, i took a video production in high school and now I see it as something fun to do not work, hopefull i can grow this to full time

Ideally both. I want to be able to make the best content I consistently can to help brighten other people's day. The best way to do that is doing it full-time which I obviously can't without it being my main source of income. That being said, if I weren't having fun I wouldn't do it, period.

Did anyone start there YouTube channel hoping to grow it into a career or full time work?

Or was it just for a hobbie and some fun?

What was your main reasons for starting a channel?

I started mine because I am a bit of clown anysay lol and I had to stop playing sports and didn't have much activities to do so making funny videos as really gave me something to look forward to and enjoy and it's great to speak to other people who do the same.

Essentially it's fun otherwise I wouldn't do it. Although I do have to tell myself to record or edit etc because the procrastination in me just wants to play games all day. Work is such a dirty word, because we associate it with monotonous jobs that we only do to bring the meat home. Anyone who's able to be passionate and have fun within their work place has done something many others probably don't get to experience. Anyone who's able to turn YouTube into their work probably fits into that minority of people who can say they find their work enjoyable and fulfilling.

Did anyone start there YouTube channel hoping to grow it into a career or full time work?

Or was it just for a hobbie and some fun?

What was your main reasons for starting a channel?

I started mine because I am a bit of clown anysay lol and I had to stop playing sports and didn't have much activities to do so making funny videos as really gave me something to look forward to and enjoy and it's great to speak to other people who do the same.

My channel is currently just a hobby due to just beginning my channel and also being in college. It's a busy time but I'm managing to produce weekly videos crazily enough! My channel stems from my love for alternative music and my passion for sharing that love with others.
This said, I think it's awesome when people get so successful they're able to live out their YouTube dreams! I wish you the best :)

i want to express my thoughts and i dont want to be cam shy anymore so i tried being a youtuber.... still feared the cam but i know i'll get over it

Hi Gerard :)
I started youtube to kind of express myself. I have always been that person that was pretty misunderstood. So I started my channel just to see if other people were in the same boat, and if I am able to help other people then that is awesome. I will start vlogging next year as well just on my days off from work and I am extremely excited about it because my family and friends live a bit spread around the world so it's the perfect way to stay in touch.
So I did start it for fun but also as a self help kind of thing. :)

Back