xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's a hobby of mine, but I take it very seriously. I have loved to do theater/performance/performing arts work for a very long time, and I have really taken to the idea of making video content, so I'm committed to making quality videos.

Reactions: gerard loughran

gerard loughran

I've Got It
Reaction score
It's a hobby of mine, but I take it very seriously. I have loved to do theater/performance/performing arts work for a very long time, and I have really taken to the idea of making video content, so I'm committed to making quality videos.
I love the thought of theatre and the performing arts and respect anyone who does it but I do suck at acting lol I like how YouTube it doesn't have to be perfect and can be fun, but I do love to make quality videos. Thanks for you input :)

Reactions: xingcat

JaiMesza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I only just started as I wanted to give it a go. I really enjoy doing makeup as well as fitness and DIY projects so I was hoping to share that on the internet and see what happens :smug:

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's a bit of both but I really really enjoy doing it.

gerard loughran

I've Got It
Reaction score
I only just started as I wanted to give it a go. I really enjoy doing makeup as well as fitness and DIY projects so I was hoping to share that on the internet and see what happens :smug:
That's great! You should share and I know people will love it!.[DOUBLEPOST=1477260943,1477260916][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a bit of both but I really really enjoy doing it.
Most important thing is to enjoy it!.:)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did anyone start there YouTube channel hoping to grow it into a career or full time work?

Or was it just for a hobbie and some fun?

What was your main reasons for starting a channel?

I started mine because I am a bit of clown anysay lol and I had to stop playing sports and didn't have much activities to do so making funny videos as really gave me something to look forward to and enjoy and it's great to speak to other people who do the same.
Oh man, the dream of being able to do YouTube in my niche is always alive! I have massive plans for when the dream comes true. But dreams are often more fun dreaming than actually living them. I, right now, do not have the added stress of NEEDING to create in order to put food on the table. If the dream becomes reality that stress becomes reality. I'd find a way to deal with it, as I deal with stress at my current job, but it is still one of the aspects I really do not look forward to.

But I did not start out because of that dream. I enjoy filming, and transitioned from a CarVlog channel to a MotoVlog channel to a Car Show and Car Review channel with some random Car and MotoVlogs in between. Been at it for over 3 years and when I look back at my older stuff I think I have made my content better and better.

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We started it as a hobby and grow closer as a couple :) It really has sparked our creativity together!

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'll shoot it straight.

I started my channel for the intent of creating a successful business brand. The whole goal is to translate my expertise into a viable business and source of income. Everything I do on YouTube caters toward a larger goal in brand building and exercising all the financial benefits in creating a successful brand. It's still early in its process, but I am happy to say that it's looking really bright.

Now, before you say that I'm just doing it for the money, do know that my channel's genre, fitness, is indeed my absolute fire and passion. It's the only thing I thought about doing as a career ever since third grade. I bled fitness and exercise throughout my school days, went into its field in college, became certified as an instructor, built a clientele looking to get fit, and expanded into my own business. I'm extremely happy and passionate about what I do for a living. YouTube is an extension of that.

That being said, I do this as work and fun. There really is no way else around it. Enjoying the work you do is the best career possible.

Dave JrM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When I watched videos from others, I would look at the editing and effects they would include, super slo-mo, jump cuts, panning shots etc.. and wonder how they achieved it. So I decided to give it a shot myself.

I make my videos in a way for my family who don't live close by. That way I have an audience in mind. They also work great as stand alone memories of places I've been, as well as moments in time I can now look back on.

Would I like to get more serious and make it a career? Sure, who wouldn't!? But the reality is, I do it because I love the achievement that comes upon uploading.

gerard loughran

I've Got It
Reaction score
Oh man, the dream of being able to do YouTube in my niche is always alive! I have massive plans for when the dream comes true. But dreams are often more fun dreaming than actually living them. I, right now, do not have the added stress of NEEDING to create in order to put food on the table. If the dream becomes reality that stress becomes reality. I'd find a way to deal with it, as I deal with stress at my current job, but it is still one of the aspects I really do not look forward to.

But I did not start out because of that dream. I enjoy filming, and transitioned from a CarVlog channel to a MotoVlog channel to a Car Show and Car Review channel with some random Car and MotoVlogs in between. Been at it for over 3 years and when I look back at my older stuff I think I have made my content better and better.
That a great man! I hope your dream comes true and I'm sure it Will just stick at it and keep believing![DOUBLEPOST=1477297926,1477297875][/DOUBLEPOST]
We started it as a hobby and grow closer as a couple :) It really has sparked our creativity together!
Great reasons to start :)[DOUBLEPOST=1477298122][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll shoot it straight.

I started my channel for the intent of creating a successful business brand. The whole goal is to translate my expertise into a viable business and source of income. Everything I do on YouTube caters toward a larger goal in brand building and exercising all the financial benefits in creating a successful brand. It's still early in its process, but I am happy to say that it's looking really bright.

Now, before you say that I'm just doing it for the money, do know that my channel's genre, fitness, is indeed my absolute fire and passion. It's the only thing I thought about doing as a career ever since third grade. I bled fitness and exercise throughout my school days, went into its field in college, became certified as an instructor, built a clientele looking to get fit, and expanded into my own business. I'm extremely happy and passionate about what I do for a living. YouTube is an extension of that.

That being said, I do this as work and fun. There really is no way else around it. Enjoying the work you do is the best career possible.
I think that's amazing mate, and I believe people should turn their passion in to business because what's better than doing what you love as your job.

And this is the time to do with the internet being what it is, you could turn almost anything you into a business as long as you have passion.
I respect your answer and wish you the best![DOUBLEPOST=1477298267][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I watched videos from others, I would look at the editing and effects they would include, super slo-mo, jump cuts, panning shots etc.. and wonder how they achieved it. So I decided to give it a shot myself.

I make my videos in a way for my family who don't live close by. That way I have an audience in mind. They also work great as stand alone memories of places I've been, as well as moments in time I can now look back on.

Would I like to get more serious and make it a career? Sure, who wouldn't!? But the reality is, I do it because I love the achievement that comes upon uploading.
Great reasons, I always liked the way people would edit their videos and wanted to do the same.

And it's good how you can share things with family who don't love as close that's always a good thing.