In my very first video I filmed the intro at the gym with a bunch of people watching me. It felt very awkward but I wanted to be a Youtuber so bad, I did it and I'm glad I did. Since then, I have done a lot of filming in public and I don't have a problem with it. Truth be told, as soon as someone sees you talking to a camera they assume you're making a video and don't think you're weird or crazy.

I'm not uncomfortable with it, my problem is I'm a control freak about lighting and sound and people walking in front of my shot, that kind of stuff!

Except I'm from a smaller city, where I used to teach in four different schools, so there's a pretty good chance I'll know people. Haha
I was doing it in Dublin. Dublin is tiny! Plus you're going to put it on YouTube for the world to see so why be embarrassed if anyone sees you filming?

I just finished shooting a video at my local Walmart and it was a huge jump out of my comfort zone. I'm not a vlogger, so I was acting and making an a**e of myself and praying not to get caught by someone I knew. Haha. I'm generally a pretty shy person and I found acting like a dork in public really uncomfortable. How comfortable are you with shooting your videos in public. Have you done anything that you were embarrassed by? Does it get easier? :p
I was better when I was with a friend in public and vloged but now I have done a few by myself and yeah it feels a lot different and I still get embarrassed but over time it will get easy.. cause a lot of people will look but they see you have a camera so a lot of the time they will move out of the shot lol

Even if you found it pretty uncomfortable, good on you for taking the plunge and going for it anyway! That takes guts, and it'll help you with your confidence in the future, too.

I've only really vlogged in public when I'm on holiday and I'm putting a video together, so it's not a frequent occurrence for me - but there were a loooooot of stares so I can totally understand why it'd feel super awkward!

It's funny. I love doing it cause I love getting the states but if I'm being silly id much rather do it with other people. I think Going up to strangers is a lot more challenging for me. I have filmed music videos by myself loads of times

I find vlogging in public quite nerve wracking. I'm trying to do it more often so i get used to it but you do get a lot of strange looks off people

Nah. I am more embarrassed when I watch people tear up my flyers and remove the bumper stickers for my channel I put on their cars.

Back