Delightfully Dumb

YTtalk Mad
I just finished shooting a video at my local Walmart and it was a huge jump out of my comfort zone. I'm not a vlogger, so I was acting and making an a**e of myself and praying not to get caught by someone I knew. Haha. I'm generally a pretty shy person and I found acting like a dork in public really uncomfortable. How comfortable are you with shooting your videos in public. Have you done anything that you were embarrassed by? Does it get easier? :p

Iv'e only shot once, and if someone is looking at you weirdly, say something like "you wanna be on YouTube?" but in a friendly and funny way. I'm pretty young and not experienced with that kind of stuff but I'm pretty comfortable with it. Just have fun while doing it, and it should be good.

The more you do it, the easier it gets is kinda how it goes.
I've filmed outside a few times now, I like to vlog when I'm doing something interesting and I've now filmed two Christmases and they are vastly different in quality and content because I felt much more at ease filming this year having done it the year before :)
So yeah, it gets better!

It's definitely super difficult to film in public at first! I was really awkward whenever I had to film something where a ton of people, but eventually you realize that no one really even notices! Sure, people look, but oftentimes they just pass by and don't give it a second thought. I'm so much more comfortable vlogging in public now, too! Just give it time, it gets easier :)

My daughter wants to record in public and we keep say no, ha ha. For the reasons above, haven't really got there yet ya know? Our first recording in public will be at the end of January, crossing our fingers it goes well.

Omg when i first started vlogging i was so paranoid about people around me but after a while i noticed they weren't actually looking at me. I would get the occasional one looking but that about it so now its just the norm to me, but my partner is very weary of himself vlogging lol

My tip is...

You don't know those people. You'll probably never see them again. Don't worry about it.

Takes a bit of practice but once you get used to ignoring any looks you do get, you'll be fine.

I just finished shooting a video at my local Walmart and it was a huge jump out of my comfort zone. I'm not a vlogger, so I was acting and making an a**e of myself and praying not to get caught by someone I knew. Haha. I'm generally a pretty shy person and I found acting like a dork in public really uncomfortable. How comfortable are you with shooting your videos in public. Have you done anything that you were embarrassed by? Does it get easier? :p
I did that once and I pretty much couldn't use the footage because I was shy and steadily moving the camera away when I felt too awkward. If you have more friends with you, it doesn't seem as awkward lol. On the other hand, it can be a fun experience. You just have to do it more and not worry so much about the people near you in the video. Dcigs is a fine example of this. XD

Back