How did you start?

• Total voters
I really enjoy making Videos. It´s one of the most fun things I have ever done. and my goal is to someday make Videos of a high enough quality to brighten someone's day.
Like many different Content Creators did for me in the past

This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube

Wow, I am glad you overcome your shyness.
I still experience this if I am not filming at home some times.
I feel like we as creators share something special.
It's something that normal people just don't understand. They might laugh at what we do but, we don't let it stop us or even slow us down. Honestly I want people to laugh at me. LOL. That is one of my favorite parts about YouTube is that I can entertain and bring a smile to someones face. It is a powerful feeling. I am not only in it for the money which is a good thing because, so far there isn't much money in it. I do dream of making enough at this though that one day I can quit my day job and just make videos. I enjoy doing daily VLOGS it takes away that loneliness feeling and my viewers are some one to talk to and vent to if I am upset about something. Although I mainly try to keep things positive, happy and humorous. I love making videos as a matter of a fact, I am heading outside now to film a prank I am doing on my neighbor. I am hoping it all goes perfect. It should be funny to watch if I do it right.
So, boiling it all down. I do YouTube to entertain and share my life with others.

My husband and I started YouTube because we thought it would be something interesting for the both of us to do since we have always created content in some way or another in the past. After watching people like Markiplier, Game Theorists, Rhett and Link, and more, I know how all of us creators say "hey, that looks easy! I can do that!". It's funny how quickly we learn that it is not as easy as it looks... But we're here for the long run, and we are continuing to make plans for the future.

My husband and I started YouTube because we thought it would be something interesting for the both of us to do since we have always created content in some way or another in the past. After watching people like Markiplier, Game Theorists, Rhett and Link, and more, I know how all of us creators say "hey, that looks easy! I can do that!". It's funny how quickly we learn that it is not as easy as it looks... But we're here for the long run, and we are continuing to make plans for the future.

That is really cool that you and your husband YouTube together. I would love to have a significant other that YouTubes too.
That would be a dream come true to me. Most women I've met don't understand it or don't like that I do YouTube.
So, not sure if she exists for me but, at least I got my dog.

I just spent 2 days making my channel intro and just recently 3 hours creating a new channel header image and I have pushed this intro harder than I have pushed any video.
I even got almost 1,000 views on it since I put it up this morning,
most of which came from Google Adwords. I only gained 5 subscribers today. LOL
I expect much more, knowing how awesome my intro is...
Oh well never give up! Time to go make a new video. :crown:

That is really cool that you and your husband YouTube together. I would love to have a significant other that YouTubes too.
That would be a dream come true to me. Most women I've met don't understand it or don't like that I do YouTube.
So, not sure if she exists for me but, at least I got my dog.

I just spent 2 days making my channel intro and just recently 3 hours creating a new channel header image and I have pushed this intro harder than I have pushed any video.
I even got almost 1,000 views on it since I put it up this morning,
most of which came from Google Adwords. I only gained 5 subscribers today. LOL
I expect much more, knowing how awesome my intro is...
Oh well never give up! Time to go make a new video. :crown:

Thanks for subscribe!! Your intro is pretty awesome, great work!!

Thanks for subscribe!! Your intro is pretty awesome, great work!!
No problem your content is way better than I expected from someone that had only 26 subscribers.
You deserve way more. I am sure you will grow quickly though. Keep doing what your doing.
I will be waiting for your next video upload. :yttalk:

Thanks for checking out my video intro. Glad you liked it. :)

Me and my brother do YouTube for fun, for people to enjoy, and to see our channel grow. Seeing our channel grow has lit up my younger brothers face and it is such a joy to see that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I do it because its something I'm passionate about and I enjoy making content that people enjoy. I've always liked making people laugh and entertaining them and informing them on subjects I know more than the average person about. There is no feeling that can replicate watching all of your work coming together in a way that was originally only envisioned in your head. But honestly, more than anything... it's fun!

I do it because Its more of a passion. Yes I want it to be my second fuel for income, but I love dealing with filming, editing, and recording videos about either gaming, air force tips, and skits I will do with friends I can meet around the world. Its something that will be apart of me for a long time.

Back