How did you start?

• Total voters

pupandie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it.. to let my creative side out.. the frustrating part is when there are no views .. and google placing some loud mouth troll for all my keywords.... just tops it..

but i still do it .. not for the money ..but to put my voice out there .. I mean... If Nasa can play music in outer space to eventually reach aliens from other galaxies .. I think I may have better odds on youtube..;)

Reactions: TheToastGamer

Lazy Nik

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just for the sake of it. I like video games, and I like to talk a lot when I'm alone. Yes, weird. But when I'm recording, I feel like I'm talking with friends through the game and screen. And that's what I'm aiming to be. I don't want to be "a YT star", I wanna be "oh man, he's just like you (her, him). just as dorky and silly, but I think I like him. for the most part". xD

MrRainman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it to mess about really, that and to always try and improve my editing skills (as a media student it's nice to be able to do something I love). I enjoy the satisfaction that comes with creating something, it's something that i've put time and effort into and it brings a sense of joy to me.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do youtube because it helps me explore the world! At the same time, it has helped me grow as a person, meeting new people, seeing a lot of new places!
If it weren´t for youtube, I wouldn´t have been to Brazil, going to Rock in Rio, going to South Africa, seeing Cape Town and Johannesburg amongst other places!

AngelineCommander

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started my youtube channel because I was bored one day.
I also wanted to share my little "Plushies" with the world so where else buy Youtube.

Hygginus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just started :) The reason is quite normal i think... I do a lot of acting and figured that it would be fun to try to film myself while playing games. I found that it felt like you were playing with other people even though it was just you there, which was very nice! So i started a channel with gaming (and some sketches with me acting buddies) :) So yeah, i am starting because i like it as an hobby.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Completely agree.. Ever since I started making videos I can actually FEEL a huge change in myself and other people see it too! Not only has it made me happier because I'm finally doing what I really enjoy (writing scripts, and video editing) but also, like you said, I'm so much more confident.

I originally started making videos to share fitness videos on my health coaching/personal training website, but when I started uploading I realized I enjoyed making the videos more than the actual personal training!

I completely changed the look and feel of my business and my website and it's now still all about health and fitness BUT it's social media and youtube oriented and I'm enjoying it so much more.

Youtubing has truly changed my life and that is why I will continue to do this for as long as I can!

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At first, I started making YouTube videos back in 2010 dancing with my new webcam. After realizing I am part of a different sector of the LGBT community, I was noticed in a local group I attend here (2016). The president of that group said I should start making videos about the transition that has taken place in my life. So, I went for it and have been making them ever since. I'm somewhat disappointed in what I see going on with the YTtalk communities, i.e., phobics and racists everywhere, but to many, my videos are inspirational, motivational, and sometimes humorous. Since I couldn't see what was going on, until I became a member, I had no idea how much hate was going on here ... for real. When I step out into the public, as Chaz Bono did, it will probably help my channel ... a lot! I'll probably find other sites to help it along, since this one is eerily quiet when it comes to POC & LGBTQ people.

Anyway, that's what I do and my videos show who I am as a transman who started his journey late in life.