How did you start?

• Total voters
I started doing YouTube because I was inspired by many YouTubers like the Yogscast and Kuledud3, I still am now but the main reason I actually spend the time editing and uploading is because I enjoy it, It keeps me from being completely bored so I use the time to edit new videos even if they won't be uploaded, I have so many videos that are just test videos testing all different styles of editing and stuff.

What also fuels me to create more content is when people enjoy it, since I am creating videos for people to enjoy so if they say they enjoy it or even give feedback on what could be improved then that is awesome too!

I don't make money off my videos so income isn't one of them :p

I do it for hobby. Really know that we could make money from it, but it takes lot of dedication and i cannot do it much right now. I only do Youtube if only i have some times to spare and most of them are about gaming.

I am curious to see the reason, or reasons, why you all started making videos! Was it another YouTuber? Friends? Boredom? For me I started because I thought it would awesome to document my life! I recently started working out and I want to document my transformation as well as all of the amazing things that happen in my life.Casey Neistat and Maxx Chewning were big motivators for me to start! Also it's a really good way to pass time. What's your reason?

I just felt like I had a lot to offer in terms of health and fitness advice, hence I started making videos. the rest is history.

Jacksepticeye, Markiplier, and Pewdiepie were my inspiration. It would be a blast if i could meet them one day. I'm thinking about buying a creators VidCon ticket and flying out to LA in the next few years. I know Mark goes to every single one. If i met even just mark lol that would be so cool

I started making YouTube videos as a way to express myself and bring my ideas to life. I was inspired by some of the original YouTubers like Fred (Lucas Cruikshank), Jenna Marbles, Smosh, The Key of Awesome, etc and began making amateur music videos while I was in high school. I then became inspired by JennxPenn and Andrea Russett to start making more vlog style videos as well as continuing to create music videos (which were SO lame by the way, LOL). I stopped for a while but I'm back and my main purpose for coming back is because I feel that I have a lot of things to say and I want to utilize YouTube as a platform to share my thoughts and ideas with the world.

Back in 2011, when I was a kid, I did start a Roblox YouTube channel with 3 other people, with the totally modest dream of becoming Internet famous. Creating a TV show, in a sense, online, with unique characters and settings and all sorts of stuff. It was a really great feeling, and through it, even though it only got about 20 subs, I learned a lot about what YouTube was about, creating a community. That channel's long since been dead, though.

What inspired me to make this channel, which is when I'd consider I started making a "professional" YouTube channel (consistent uploads, reading up on tutorials, a personal niche, etc) was that I just went through a pretty tough time. This is a story I've always been open about sharing, since it's a part of who I am. Why I'm the person I am today. And I'd think, it also helps eliminate stigmas, being open and unashamed. But, I actually survived a suicide attempt. I had a pretty terrible living situation at home, not a whole lot to really keep me motivated or happy. After that, I spent about a year in treatment, and when I finally got out, I swore to myself I'd never let myself get that low again. And one of the ways I realized that could help with that is keeping busy. YouTube's the perfect way to keep busy. You need to have consistent uploads, work on thumbnails, editing, production, come up with ideas. If you do YouTube consistently, you should have no problem keeping yourself busy. And it's keeping myself busy with something I know I enjoy. And going back on what I said about the community, that's something very important to me. Having people that rely on you and look up to you. And having people you know are there for you. Even if you don't know them on a personal basis. They're people who are willing and want to hear you talk. And growing up with social anxiety and self-esteem issues and the like, that's a really reassuring feeling. For people who do commentary and the like, that really helps build up those public speaking skills, which I used to be heavily insecure about. I wanted to make a community that I could pass some of my own values onto or be surrounded by. Being able to have a sense of humor, standing up for what you believe in, having thick skin, etc. And I wanted to be diverse, instead of sticking to one genre, because it reflects on who I am. Someone willing to change and adapt to any environment they're forced into. I got a lot of inspiration from satire channels, who have my sense of humor (Leafy, Pyrocynical, DramaAlert, and definitely 2016-2017 PewDiePie) and definitely inspiration from YouTubers who have really good and close-knit communities like Jacksepticeye and Markiplier. Brownie points to anyone who read this gigantic personal post. I feel like it was more of a rant than anything. xD

I was just inspired by the fact that it's a way to create just about anything on any subject without being constricted, with a few reasonable exceptions I suppose. YouTube is pretty much the only way that you can theoretically make a living by randomly deciding to make content about whatever you want, however you want (unless you have a publisher or an agent or something) -- and that's pretty awesome. Which is partly why I'll never understand why so many people on YouTube just copy one another, when they have the capacity to do soooooooo many creative, original things.

I don't know, I'll have to think about it. I just started making them for no reason.

Haha just kidding! Actually I was a tv director long before there was YouTube, I wanted to produce again but can't move back to that job, so I started here.

Ever since I got on youtube I wanted to upload videos. My first taste of it was back in 2011 I filmed a lot of flooding footage from Hurricane Irene and one of my vids got picked up by a local news station and got a ton of views. This is how I found out that you could make money on videos. I was a total novice at YT so I put up a bunch of random videos and hoped they would go viral, of course that didnt happen and I quit making content for awhile.

Then in 2015 I mentioned to my gf that I wanted to make a YT channel but didnt know what to do, and she suggested I do road trip videos with commentary. Whenever we go places I always try to tell her cool facts I know about the area so she thought it would be perfect for me.

A few days later I got my first dashcam and I was on my way. I've certainly learned a lot since then but Im glad she gave me that idea.

Back