Hot Topic ** YouTube reduces sub counts ** (all discussion goes here)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I actually don't think it was YouTube to be fair. I've just gone in to my sub box and people that I've unsubbed to recently were back and people I've recently subbed to are gone.
Oh wow! That makes it sound like someone pushed the wrong button at YouTube! :eek: Maybe they did a restore to an earlier date? o.0

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hit a never have I? Good. You're everyone!
You're absolutely right! You hit a NEVER! You're a smart one, my boy! Everyone! Congratulate this bitter boy on how smart he is for generalizing when it doesn't even make a drop of sense.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You're absolutely right! You hit a NEVER! You're a smart one, my boy! Everyone! Congratulate this bitter boy on how smart he is for generalizing when it doesn't even make a drop of sense.
Can I hit a never and be omnipresent instead of everyone? o0 Where's my sledgehammer, and where are those nevers'?? : D

No seriously...I think he just meant all of us folks who are buzzing away about our subscriber numbers in this forum topic and twitter are "everyone," which might hit a nerve with some folks... :p

I think a lot of us are more concerned at the idea that there was such a large drop so suddenly -- especially since YouTube is supposedly cleaning house throughout the year -- rather than the concept of losing subscribers. Plus YouTube is also posting their own question marks about the last cleanup, so we're all suspicious. ^-^

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I'm sure there's a direct correlation (look it up kids) to the anger of some youtubers and those that sub for sub. Meanwhile the same correlation might be true for those who go about their business and don't get upset about what's happened

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
From TeamYouTube's Twitter,
upload_2016-6-28_20-47-48.png

The link goes here:
support.google.com/youtube/answer/6392782

Which says,

"We take the relationship between our content creators and their subscribers seriously and work hard to keep those numbers accurate by filtering out suspicious activity around the clock. We recently discovered a bug that prevented changes in subscriber counts from being accurately displayed publicly on creators’ channels.

The bug has now been fixed and creators’ public subscriber counts have been corrected. The bug did not affect subscriber counts reflected on YouTube Analytics, where you have had access to accurate subscriber numbers."

So....I guess there was a discrepancy between our public sub counts and what our analytics said. o.0 I think that might make sense because periodically I thought the numbers seemed to increase more than the graph did...

Aresteele

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is it really Youtube's doing? I did notice I went from 463 to 457 after a few days of gaining 123 subs. It wouldn't be that uncommon to see a drop within that time frame considering most people only sub to channels that are active on a daily basis.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Many people are complaining about losing SUBS. Not sure why YouTube is doing that. I had 183 subs and now I have 167. Thats freaking bad. We can't do anything

ChaseAndFriends

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I finally finished my video on the YouTube perge :/ Just uploaded it. I lost 28% (yes I calculated it) of my subscribers OVERNIGHT :'(

asmoK

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've lost 42 in total, but this thing happened couple of months ago and they came back if i remember correctly.