Hot Topic ** YouTube reduces sub counts ** (all discussion goes here)

Well my opinion is worry more about views than subscribers. In the long run views are what pays you and subscribers can be bought and inactive. would you rather 1000 subs and 30 views, or 20 subs and 1000 views? Look how many pewdiepie lost 580k in a few minutes lol so i dont think we have anything to worry about.

Views>Subscribers. You cant pay the rent on subscribers :)

I'm guessing most people know by now but I suppose not everyone does but basically maybe once or twice a year Youtube will remove what they classify as 'Inactive' subscribers from everyone's sub-count.

Although it might be a bit demotivating (especially if you've just hit a milestone but have been put back under it), it gives you a more accurate representation of how many people are actually subscribed to you :)

I was really lucky this year and only lost around 13 subscriber from 12,806.

Anyone else, feel free to share your drop :p

Funny you mention the milestones. I was at 199 subs when it dropped down to 197. I honestly thought someone had unsubbed just to keep me from hitting the milestone. I've heard of people actually doing that.

Then I read this and it all became a much less sinister event.
lol

We had a net loss of 88 subscribers today so far and are currently sitting at 11,181 subscribers. It does initially feel wrong, however you will recover.[DOUBLEPOST=1467146236,1467146203][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well my opinion is worry more about views than subscribers. In the long run views are what pays you and subscribers can be bought and inactive. would you rather 1000 subs and 30 views, or 20 subs and 1000 views? Look how many pewdiepie lost 580k in a few minutes lol so i dont think we have anything to worry about.

Views>Subscribers. You cant pay the rent on subscribers :)
And worry more about watch time than views.

Exactly, Youtube will promote you more with higher watch time. They want you to make longer videos and put effort into the channel itself, rather then 30sec to 2min videos just to post. If you notice the people with the bigger channels now are getting people to binge watch their content, not just make 1 video for 2 mins and end it.

Exactly, Youtube will promote you more with higher watch time. They want you to make longer videos and put effort into the channel itself, rather then 30sec to 2min videos just to post. If you notice the people with the bigger channels now are getting people to binge watch their content, not just make 1 video for 2 mins and end it.

Yes, YouTube will promote you more for having higher watch time, however, other factors play a role in increasing your channel authority. Subs, channel engagement (likes, dislikes, comments, your replies to comments), views, etc. are all part of it. Larger channels benefit more from longer videos because of the amount of channel authority they have. They have more subscribers who will watch their content regardless of how long it is. Your channel is small so you should continue focusing on making shorter videos. They will actually help increase your watch time. Longer videos? Not so much at this moment.

Last edited:
Back