Hot Topic ** YouTube reduces sub counts ** (all discussion goes here)

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Was so excited to hit 100 subs!!! Then the purge happened. Back down to 69. *sigh*

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
so my sub number in the creator studio jumped back up again from 75k to 77k (it was originally on 78) but the about page still says 75,
now i really have no idea what is going on. why would it get cleared down, then brought back up again? (anyone else check to see the same thing?)

they have said our sub counts will always be correct in analytics, but where do you even find your sub count in analytics?

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
so my sub number in the creator studio jumped back up again from 75k to 77k (it was originally on 78) but the about page still says 75,
now i really have no idea what is going on. why would it get cleared down, then brought back up again? (anyone else check to see the same thing?)

they have said our sub counts will always be correct in analytics, but where do you even find your sub count in analytics?

Stockhouse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My account is like 4 months old, and I lost 111 subs in the subscriber purge. Afterwards, a handful of my regular viewers and active commenters told me that they got unsubbed, but that they resubbed. However, my subscriber count didn't change to reflect the regained subscribers...
YouTube has posted that it was a bug "that prevented changes in subscriber counts from being accurately displayed publicly on creators’ channels." I don't know how that translates to deleting my active subs but.... ok I guess.

Sincerely Nick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree that it was startling at first, but if they really are inactive and aren't driving your traffic anyway than I can make peace with that!

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
hey @Crown i posted the last thread seperately as i wanted people to see it as i felt it was important hence why it wasnt just posted here, only saying as you locked the thread

Logan Dougherty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Makes sense to remove the inactive ones. If you're subscribers aren't active then they won't be watching any of your videos, so no need for them to really be there I guess. Now I'm not sure how they determine inactivity really, so that's still a mystery.