• No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

joeline

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is something with YouTube red of which nobody brainstormed before:
YouTube Red can have effect on millions of channels if people who allowed their music/games etc to be freely uploaded to YouTube and monetized as long as you don't charge for the service decide to take action. Now with YouTube Red there is CHARGE for the service, which makes all those who uploaded CC-BY-NC material in violation of their license. So now if greedy musicians claim their music, they will get rich in no time. Just a hypothesis, not believing it is going to happen.
never thought about it that way before

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Right now I just can't justify $10 a month just to remove ads. I don't care about YouTube Music or any of the other special stuff. I'm only interested in removing ads and $10 monthly is way too much.

ptony

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What about YouTube's exclusive series that they're starting to develop in conjunction with YouTube Red? I'm worried that that means YouTube will favor their own channels and how much harder it will be for other channels to make a splash as suggested videos in YouTube algorithms.

TheRealestSage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
$10 a month is quite a bit.. Can someone answer me this, do any YouTubers any of the proceedings?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Does anyone know what happens if you don't have an adsense account set up but accepts the monetization terms? Are your videos still viewable as part of YouTube Red?

ragehobbit

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
YouTubeRed just showed me an ad although I'm signed up for the trail and fully intend on keeping the paid subscription. Might still be buggy! Hadn't seen one until now, random! Not too worried about it.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am using the trial right now. Don't think I will be paying for this unless YouTube does something spectacular that's way beyond Spotify and all the other services out there. I would be neat to see the original content by YouTubers but I would not pay 10 dollars for just that part. Maybe Google will offer a cheaper option for just computers.

Pandora has an add free option for a certain time frame. I wouldn't mind something like 5 dollars for a week or something I will be away from the computer[DOUBLEPOST=1448044176,1448044001][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about YouTube's exclusive series that they're starting to develop in conjunction with YouTube Red? I'm worried that that means YouTube will favor their own channels and how much harder it will be for other channels to make a splash as suggested videos in YouTube algorithms.
I guess it would depend on the terms. I personally know some of the big youtubers and I've done collabs with some. So maybe the popular ones could still collab on their exclusive content with smaller youtubers? That would be neat

Reactions: ptony

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey, I'm writing a blog post about YouTube Red and any opinions people have would really help with forming a general opinion on the subject. Thanks :)