What schedule do you have to upload daily?

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
How do YouTubers manage time wisely and what schedule works best for you to upload daily and still have a "normal life"?

For example, I have a week footage for our new channel Kids Fun Reviews featuring my toddlers (which is a job in itself lol) and I would like an idea how youtubers spend on time management. Ideally having a kids channel I would need to upload daily. I see myself spending a couple hours on editing then some time on thumbnail and SEO preparation is what I spend most time.

Im aware YT is a full-time investment so I would like to use my time wisely and not procrastinate. I do work outside of YT and plan to until I'm able to receive income from our channel.

How did you succeed in uploading daily? Is there a method you use to keep things flowing on a ritual schedule like prewritten note of tags, default information set on the channel, etc?

Time is important for me as I do it all on my own and don't have much free time no nanny & no school while I'm
home. At night after kids are asleep is when I'm able to work on YT. I do want this to be successful and trying to figure a reasonable schedule. I'm curious how successful channels navigate this?

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I was working full time outside of YouTube, we would film 2-3 videos on Saturday and 2-3 videos Sunday. Then 1-2 during the weekday (not every weekday, just 1-2 for that whole week)in the evening afterwork. I would stay up late after my son goes to bed to edit or wake up super early like 4am to edit. I was a school teacher so on top of filming/edit, I had to grade papers and lesson plan during the evening and weekends. My husband and I would take turn spending time with our son so we each could take turn working on stuff related/not related to YouTube. I was sleeping about 3-4hrs a day on average for a whole year when I was working outside of YouTube. I schedule my uploads ahead of time and always tried to film a couple of videos ahead incase my son gets sick. I think if you're passionate about something, you'll have to somehow find time to make it happen. Plan ahead and make a schedule of what you'll be doing and filming on what day that works for your family. Also find a way to cut down time on editing. For kids channel especially vlog type, you don't need professional quality editing skills!

Last edited:

thepaulsociety

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do YouTubers manage time wisely and what schedule works best for you to upload daily and still have a "normal life"?

For example, I have a week footage for our new channel Kids Fun Reviews featuring my toddlers (which is a job in itself lol) and I would like an idea how youtubers spend on time management. Ideally having a kids channel I would need to upload daily. I see myself spending a couple hours on editing then some time on thumbnail and SEO preparation is what I spend most time.

Im aware YT is a full-time investment so I would like to use my time wisely and not procrastinate. I do work outside of YT and plan to until I'm able to receive income from our channel.

How did you succeed in uploading daily? Is there a method you use to keep things flowing on a ritual schedule like prewritten note of tags, default information set on the channel, etc?

Time is important for me as I do it all on my own and don't have much free time no nanny & no school while I'm
home. At night after kids are asleep is when I'm able to work on YT. I do want this to be successful and trying to figure a reasonable schedule. I'm curious how successful channels navigate this?
I actually found a really interesting article that talks about upload times and heaviest amount of user site traffic, this may or may not help you but here it is: (It wont let me post a link but you can find tips by googling "what is the best time to post to youtube"

From what I gather when dealing with a channel QUALITY > QUANTITY

So instead of trying to pump a video out every day try going for once or twice a week, until you gain a follower base who would be willing to watch videos daily

Adorable channel and best of luck : )

Reactions: Derrick Toys

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I record footage, create commentary, edit, render and upload in one day at no specific time.

One video a day most days. I tend to keep it quite casual to be honest with you, and just upload my videos whenever they are ready! Truth be told, I should probably make an effort to upload my videos in prime time, but I'm trying to keep it quite chill with YouTube for now! :)

MidKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I upload daily at a specific time, since I am a university student some days I have plenty of free time for recording and editing, I try to get a few videos done so I have a line-up for a few days in case I'm unable to record one day so I'm always ahead. I tend to upload at night because I work in the evening but it all goes with the "persona" I've created. And since I'm a gaming channel my recording comes under procrastination and free time too.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
if you already have a job it is not easy. Especially job + kids. You pretty much lose some of your normal life when you have kids anyways. I used to work while going to school so doing yt on the side is not too much of a stretch. I don't watch tv anymore. And i spend all my free time with my wife and son which i dont mind actually. I enjoy it. But because i have two jobs now i get very little sleep. I see that as temporary though as I am determined to do just do yt as soon as I can have reliable enough earnings to allow me to quit my job. Then I am creating more videos and more channels yay. Hopefully soon.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most people that upload daily do most of it on one day. They'll just spend the whole day if they're free editting, recording, etc. I don't upload everyday tho myself I upload 3 days atm.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When I was working full time outside of YouTube, we would film 2-3 videos on Saturday and 2-3 videos Sunday. Then 1-2 during the weekday in the evening afterwork. I would stay up late after my son goes to bed to edit or wake up super early like 4am to edit. I was a school teacher so on top of filming/edit, I had to grade papers and lesson plan during the evening and weekends. My husband and I would take turn spending time with our son so we each could take turn working on stuff related/not related to YouTube. I was sleeping about 3-4hrs a day on average for a whole year when I was working outside of YouTube. I schedule my uploads ahead of time and always tried to film a couple of videos ahead incase my son gets sick. I think if you're passionate about something, you'll have to somehow find time to make it happen. Plan ahead and make a schedule of what you'll be doing and filming on what day that works for your family. Also find a way to cut down time on editing. For kids channel especially vlog type, you don't need professional quality editing skills!
Sounds like I'll need to increase my coffee intake! Glad I'm not the only up late since it's the only time I get to prepare.. even though my battery is very low lol I wondered if other parents were doing the same or just had a brilliant stragedy to balance it all.
Great tips with multiple videos on weekends and being prepared for when they're sick. Coco gets sick around this season so videos in advance makes sense. What is an average time spent on editing & uploading a video for you? When creating videos I edit 1-2 hours to trim a 15-20 minute video down to 5-6 minutes. Now I realize YT new strategy is to keep viewers engaged and have at least 10 minutes of video footage so that should cut my edit time as I thought shorter was better to keep kids engaged.

SEO is most time consuming after I'm done editing I will research keywords / tags to see what's best for the video. Creating a title with a flow that is not stuffy but highly ranked keywords can be tricky. I imagine it gets easier with time/ practice and SEO is better for successful channels to rank.

For thumbnail I usually choose a snap from the video which takes time to choose but wondering if taking a photo would be easier. Is there any method to picking the best thumbnail picture? I get more traffic on the videos with the background rather than switching for color.

Thanks for the great tips. Life with two toddlers is anything but freedom so I'm hoping to make the best of this :)[DOUBLEPOST=1481398865,1481398725][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually found a really interesting article that talks about upload times and heaviest amount of user site traffic, this may or may not help you but here it is: (It wont let me post a link but you can find tips by googling "what is the best time to post to youtube"

From what I gather when dealing with a channel QUALITY > QUANTITY

So instead of trying to pump a video out every day try going for once or twice a week, until you gain a follower base who would be willing to watch videos daily

Adorable channel and best of luck : )

Thanks! Going to check it out now! From experience I schedule uploads to be very early in the morning. That's when my kids enjoy watching YT and probably all day long if I allowed lol[DOUBLEPOST=1481399237][/DOUBLEPOST]
I record footage, create commentary, edit, render and upload in one day at no specific time.

One video a day most days. I tend to keep it quite casual to be honest with you, and just upload my videos whenever they are ready! Truth be told, I should probably make an effort to upload my videos in prime time, but I'm trying to keep it quite chill with YouTube for now! :)
I wish! Is that possible with a 2 and 3 year old??[DOUBLEPOST=1481399605][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you already have a job it is not easy. Especially job + kids. You pretty much lose some of your normal life when you have kids anyways. I used to work while going to school so doing yt on the side is not too much of a stretch. I don't watch tv anymore. And i spend all my free time with my wife and son which i dont mind actually. I enjoy it. But because i have two jobs now i get very little sleep. I see that as temporary though as I am determined to do just do yt as soon as I can have reliable enough earnings to allow me to quit my job. Then I am creating more videos and more channels yay. Hopefully soon.

I agree with you 100! Honestly, what is TV? Unless it's Paw Patrol or Bubble Guppies lol Your channel looks great! It really comes down to staying consistent then rewards will follow. Wouldn't it be great to do this full time and work with your family for a living! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1481400131][/DOUBLEPOST]
Most people that upload daily do most of it on one day. They'll just spend the whole day if they're free editting, recording, etc. I don't upload everyday tho myself I upload 3 days atm.

I imagine that would be ideal but not as a mom of two energetic toddlers that are high maintance lol Plus maintaining a household, kids schedules, cooking cleaning all the fun stuff etc.
Everyday I create different ways to entertain my kids as I work with children for a living. Bonus filming gets them excited plus it's a great way to spend time together. They love it and hopefully we will be able to do it full time.

I just need to create a realistic schedule to balance it all :)

Last edited:

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It takes me about 1hr-1.5hr to edit a video. I usually don't include any special effect or sound effect unless it's absolutely necessary.
As for thumbnails, sometimes I still struggle on what to pick and spend way too much time deciding. Crazy but when I'm having trouble deciding between the thumbnails, I would ask my son lol. I figure he would know which one kids could click on since he's a kid himself.

For Vlog style/outdoor places, I think natural thumbnail is better! Sometimes I choose from clip,other times it's a picture that's taken.

As for Titles/descriptions/tag,you'll improve with experience! Just look at other successful channels/videos to get ideas!

Also does anyone knows how YouTube suggests thumbnail? Custom thumbnail is best, but I think I saw a video somewhere that said YouTube picks the best one from clip they think will get the most click or is it still just random? Sometimes when I really stuck on the thumbnail, I look at what YouTube suggest as inspiration.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So funny you mentioned that! Today I uploaded our first vlog and couldn't decide on a thumbnail so I gave my son two options then picked the one he liked lol They don't over think like we do. Thumbnails will always be tricky but def most important for kids videos as they don't care about titles or description. I noticed most popular videos have simple thumbnails with background untouched (no writing or logo) Plus your videos are many of them and do very well! That's amazing and I imagine with time this entire process gets easier but there's a lot of brainstorming behind the scenes lol

I read YT has a new system that chooses he best thumbnail also but I honestly haven't like any of them.. Some defaults don't even have the pictures of my kids! lol not sure if it's really effective yet.

What I'm curious is are descriptions and titles really that important? I noticed today popular videos on Emilytube or Family Fun Pack have millions of hits with short titles, 2 sentence descriptions and a couple tags but a great thumbnail. In that case uploading will be much easier to the point! I could upload all day long in that case lol It's possible other methods are being used like Adwords which I was looking into using also but don't want to spend too much. Do you think adwords is worth it for a new channel?

Reactions: Ryan ToysReview