What Is Wrong With My Channel?

iRob

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so I have been meaning to ask this question for a very long time but I guess I’m just to scared to know the answer I craated this channel back in 2013 and I have given up on it a couple times but I always find myself coming back to it. I noticed that recently I’ve been getting a lot of down votes on my videos and I’m honestly not quite sure why that is? I know I’m not a very like-able person but is that it? Or is it because it seems like I don’t put enough effort in my videos? Or maybe is the sound of my voice? Trust me I hate it to. I’m honestly not quite sure why. I’ve been wanting to just create another channel to hopefully escape some of the down votes but quite frankly I just have ran out of ideas for this channel or any future channels and I just don’t want to leave this channel idle. I’ve been jumping around trying to either make Top 10 lists or reviews or gaming videos etc. but I feel like I need to just focus on one topic but it is a lot harder than it seems for me. Please review my channel it is greatly appreciated and thank you.

Reactions: MannyIzzy

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your banner and profile are bad. Thumbnails are....Not bad I guess. There not good but I've definitely seen worse. But definitely something that needs to be improved.

Watching your did e3 sucks video and I'm not going to sit through the whole thing cuz I already found a big problem. Your kinda boring. Not personality wise but your not putting that much energy into the commentary and I can tell or at least it very much sounds like you are thinking about what you want to say. So it drags on. Not so good commentary + slow commentary with gaps so you can think overall makes the video a bit boring. You said you hate your voice and if your holding yourself back from being engaging then don't. I'd rather sit through whatever monstrosity you think your voice is then this. I'll watch a more recent video.

I personally don't think "replying" to your other videos is a good idea but this video suffers from the above problems.

Unless your videos are just really click baity or you don't know what your talking about, I can't really say after only watching a minute of each video. But that's my biggest problem.

Work on being more fluid with your commentary. Don't care about how you sound. Try to write a script or at least write talking points to improve the flow of commentary. Redo the video if parts or the whole thing is just boring. Like an intro that could or should be 20 seconds turns into a minute due to gaps in dialogue, stopping to catch your breath or think, redo that section. That applies to any other parts of the video or the whole video.

Watch every video you make, would you sit through the whole thing? Do you get bored at certain parts or even from the beginning? Then other people would feel the same or maybe worse. I watch every video I make maybe 8 times and I get bored sometimes. So I cut parts out to keep the video engaging. Or I think the whole video is off so I redo the whole thing.

iRob

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you so much for taking the time and helping me with this, I will work on everything you just told me I really do need to work on a script because my videos are kind of a mess. I really appreciate it and keep up the good work on your channel!

Reactions: LostTrigger

MannyIzzy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Man I really like where you're heads and the type of content you're producing, I would recommend you try to soften the light source that is hitting you're facing and try to keep some distance between you and the camera and I like the shallow depth of field. I would also try to create a set that matches the techy style I know it's hard but start off small and it will grow as you grow. If you need any help let me know , I'd be happy to help and also in my channel I have good cheap lighting setups

Ok so I have been meaning to ask this question for a very long time but I guess I’m just to scared to know the answer I craated this channel back in 2013 and I have given up on it a couple times but I always find myself coming back to it. I noticed that recently I’ve been getting a lot of down votes on my videos and I’m honestly not quite sure why that is? I know I’m not a very like-able person but is that it? Or is it because it seems like I don’t put enough effort in my videos? Or maybe is the sound of my voice? Trust me I hate it to. I’m honestly not quite sure why. I’ve been wanting to just create another channel to hopefully escape some of the down votes but quite frankly I just have ran out of ideas for this channel or any future channels and I just don’t want to leave this channel idle. I’ve been jumping around trying to either make Top 10 lists or reviews or gaming videos etc. but I feel like I need to just focus on one topic but it is a lot harder than it seems for me. Please review my channel it is greatly appreciated and thank you.

Reactions: iRob

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Then you don't understand how to convey your point then. As I said, though, life goes on, so I'll leave you to your laugh fest. Peace
I know this is none of my business, but I think he’s just really blunt about things and you may have felt attacked. It was just criticism. Just take it, say thank you and improve. There’s no reason to give excuses. You asked for it and he took the time to help you out. I don’t mean this in a mean way, I really don’t. I’m just trying to help you out because you are getting in your own way.

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know this is none of my business, but I think he’s just really blunt about things and you may have felt attacked. It was just criticism. Just take it, say thank you and improve. There’s no reason to give excuses. You asked for it and he took the time to help you out. I don’t mean this in a mean way, I really don’t. I’m just trying to help you out because you are getting in your own way.
I am, when people ask for reviews I don't really think and just say whatever comes to mind lol. Sometimes I go back and tone it down if it sounds overally harsh

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I watched as much of the iPhone/Samsung video as I could. I think you have potential. need to work on your dialog. I have some trouble with that as well. don't try to do it all in one take, if you say a point, and it doesn't feel right or doesn't seem like it was delivered well or you stumbled over something you were trying to say. just pause and say it again, try saying it different ways. when you go to edit just pick out what you like the best and cut the bad takes out. once you start getting the feeling for editing it you don't worry about it as much.

iv found studying my watch time analytics to be very helpful in improving my video's it only takes a few seconds of dead time where your not showing something new or introducing new information for viewers to start loosing interest.

Reactions: iRob

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wowzers! :hungover2: Okay...

@Redgle please do not derail @iRob 's review thread. @LostTrigger: thank you for your honest insights.

Please don't post (let alone, argue) in other people's review threads about channel reviews that aren't related to the OP's review request. It's very inconsiderate to the original poster! If you would like to request a review thread for your own channel, please submit your own thread asking for a channel or video review.

http://yttalk.com/threads/read-before-starting-a-review-thread.60706/

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wowzers! :hungover2: Okay...

@Redgle please do not derail @iRob 's review thread. @LostTrigger: thank you for your honest insights.

Please don't post (let alone, argue) in other people's review threads about channel reviews that aren't related to the OP's review request. It's very inconsiderate to the original poster! If you would like to request a review thread for your own channel, please submit your own thread asking for a channel or video review.

http://yttalk.com/threads/read-before-starting-a-review-thread.60706/
I'm sorry >.>