Streaming on Twitch to help your channel?

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on streaming. Especially on twitch.

Are there many of you who have YouTube channels and use twitch as a way to gain more followers and then advertise your channel?

Or do you think twitch and YouTube should be two different things?

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I didn't use twitch, but I tried livestreaming elsewhere once (kind of don't want to talk about that place, sorry :/ ) but I don't think it'll hurt, really. It'll be more exposure for your channel, and you might gain more subs. I'd say give it a try.

Reactions: KantoGaming

SilentRich

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Got like 148 twitch followers, but like YT subs they really do not come back that often. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the button being clicked but if you don't wanna come back then it doesn't benefit me beyond an arbitrary number going up.

Yes I sound ungrateful.

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Got like 148 twitch followers, but like YT subs they really do not come back that often. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the button being clicked but if you don't wanna come back then it doesn't benefit me beyond an arbitrary number going up.

Yes I sound ungrateful.
No that makes sense. I figured a lot of people who watch on twitch watch on twitch and not YouTube for a reason lol. Although I'm sure there are some people who do both.

SilentRich

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No that makes sense. I figured a lot of people who watch on twitch watch on twitch and not YouTube for a reason lol. Although I'm sure there are some people who do both.
My best advise is that when you got viewers who really enjoy your stream just mention your channel they will have a look, maybe sub, even get you some views. But unless your pulling in the big numbers it won't be like sub injections that the big channels get. Probably still worth a try though. Twitch like YT is all about personality and having a certain style to yourself.

Yeah I appear to be stating the obvious now lol.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice Forum. ^^

jamesd1981

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are loads of people who do both or even just post their live Twitch streams to Youtube, just remember Twitch is LIVE unlike Youtube and there are people who record Twitch streams in the hope of getting some footage to humiliate you

Just search Youtube for, Twitch fails

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use twitch and I got 3 subs on my gaming channel. I think it's a great way to market yourself

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are loads of people who do both or even just post their live Twitch streams to Youtube, just remember Twitch is LIVE unlike Youtube and there are people who record Twitch streams in the hope of getting some footage to humiliate you

Just search Youtube for, Twitch fails
Wow what :eeks:

That's crazy! Why do people do that? Lol

jamesd1981

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some people just to make funny video`s, others get a kick out of it