Need a Little Constructive Criticism!

Emily Richardson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I've been on YTTalk and I honestly miss it! A lot of the support I got when I was just starting my channel came from these forums, so I want to get back in to it and hear how everyone's been doing.

My channel has been growing steadily since I was active last, but I have noticed as of late that my views have been shrinking and overall interaction is declining on my channel. I am losing at least three subs almost every time I upload a new video and I am curious if there's something I'm doing or have done that could be causing this.

I'd like to request a channel review from anybody who feels like they could help me out. I only ever want to create entertaining content that is welcoming to all-so I'd really appreciate some second opinions so I can move forward with my channel!

Any and all comments are welcome as long as they are constructive of course, thank you in advance to anybody who does check out my channel-it means a lot to me!

My channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC245wCphwkT1uHNtxIKgYUQ

Have an excellent day, YTTalk-ers, and I'll be seeing you around the forums!

-Emily :wavespin:

MannyCastro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just checked out your channel and I like it, another youtuber I watch named Destery had the same type of IDEK series he did a while back on his old channel. One piece of advice I can give is that I think your video length overall is too long. For example the "meet my boyfriend" video is over 17 minutes. A lot of people have really short attention spans now a days so unless you can really hook them in and have it be extremely interesting the whole time, people are bound to click out. Your content is good, just try and reduce the video length a little.

Reactions: Emily Richardson

Emily Richardson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just checked out your channel and I like it, another youtuber I watch named Destery had the same type of IDEK series he did a while back on his old channel. One piece of advice I can give is that I think your video length overall is too long. For example the "meet my boyfriend" video is over 17 minutes. A lot of people have really short attention spans now a days so unless you can really hook them in and have it be extremely interesting the whole time, people are bound to click out. Your content is good, just try and reduce the video length a little.
Thanks a lot man! Yeah, I usually try to keep my vids short, the last few have been long, mostly for me because I won't be able to see my BF for a long time and I wanted something to look back on, but hopefully next week's will be closer to the 5 minute mark. Also, Destery is one of my FAVOURITE Youtubers, I was so surprised when I found out he has an IDEK series!

Once again, thank you for your advice, I'll take it to heart!

Reactions: MannyCastro

MannyCastro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a lot man! Yeah, I usually try to keep my vids short, the last few have been long, mostly for me because I won't be able to see my BF for a long time and I wanted something to look back on, but hopefully next week's will be closer to the 5 minute mark. Also, Destery is one of my FAVOURITE Youtubers, I was so surprised when I found out he has an IDEK series!

Once again, thank you for your advice, I'll take it to heart!
No problem, good luck with your channel :)

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I've been on YTTalk and I honestly miss it! A lot of the support I got when I was just starting my channel came from these forums, so I want to get back in to it and hear how everyone's been doing.

My channel has been growing steadily since I was active last, but I have noticed as of late that my views have been shrinking and overall interaction is declining on my channel. I am losing at least three subs almost every time I upload a new video and I am curious if there's something I'm doing or have done that could be causing this.

I'd like to request a channel review from anybody who feels like they could help me out. I only ever want to create entertaining content that is welcoming to all-so I'd really appreciate some second opinions so I can move forward with my channel!

Any and all comments are welcome as long as they are constructive of course, thank you in advance to anybody who does check out my channel-it means a lot to me!

My channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC245wCphwkT1uHNtxIKgYUQ

Have an excellent day, YTTalk-ers, and I'll be seeing you around the forums!

-Emily :wavespin:
I have some constructive criticism (brace yourself)... I feel like your videos are too all over the place ( with the topics), which is a big subscriber killer. You need to have a channel goal/theme so when people subscribe to your channel they know exactly what they are subscribing too. btw what is your channel goal/theme? What is your target audience?
2nd: your videos are wayyyyyy too long, I briefly went through each of them and they seemed really drawn out. Vlogs should be 1-3 minutes, some will run longer but if they are all lasting over 6 minutes you might want to consider breaking them up into 2 seperate videos.
Your still kind of new, but it looks like your figuring things out

Reactions: Emily Richardson

Emily Richardson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have some constructive criticism (brace yourself)... I feel like your videos are too all over the place ( with the topics), which is a big subscriber killer. You need to have a channel goal/theme so when people subscribe to your channel they know exactly what they are subscribing too. btw what is your channel goal/theme? What is your target audience?
2nd: your videos are wayyyyyy too long, I briefly went through each of them and they seemed really drawn out. Vlogs should be 1-3 minutes, some will run longer but if they are all lasting over 6 minutes you might want to consider breaking them up into 2 seperate videos.
Your still kind of new, but it looks like your figuring things out
It's funny you should bring up the theme/goal, because that's kinda the idea I had-that my channel does go all over the place. IDEK Fridays stands for "I Don't Even Know Fridays", and so I wanted to not limit myself to a theme for that reason. I want to be able to jump around to different topics since that's the kind of person I am. My target audience is about where my viewers' age is right now: between 18 and 24.

I am hoping to make more consumable content and make shorter videos. (if nothing else, just so that editing doesn't take as long, haha.) I'm a bit of a talker so I'll have to work on that for sure.

Thank you so much for your notes, they mean a lot!