offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Hello,

I've posted about this before but have a follow up to my earlier thread.

The Young Turks has like 5 youtube channels all about different topics. Rooster Teeth has different channels. and so doesn't many other YouTube companies. Since I'm going to be promoting my company doesn't it make sense I make multiple channels like other companies are? I'm think it does make sense. Who would want to subscribe to a YouTube Channel that has Music Videos, Tech Reviews, Filmmaking tutorials and Royalty Free Music in one channel? To me I would unsubscribe from someone if I were only interested in one of those topics. To me all these topics should be on different channels.

VEVO has their own dedicated Music Video Channels for each artist. Do you think it's a good idea to create my own dedicated Music Video Channel and not have my music videos on my main channel? I'm thinking this wouldn't be a good idea but everyone on reddit is telling me I must do this to get views.

We post all music videos/lyric videos on our channel along with the vlogs and other stuffs. Depends on what you want your channel to be. Personally I wanna be as different to Vevo as I can :)

It's good for really well established companies that can dedicate more time to their multiple channels and already have a solid following that will only expand. From my understanding and what I've seen, it's difficult to do multiple channels when first starting out and results are better if you concentrate all your efforts in one. Even if the topics are quite different from each other with regards to the videos. The topics you listed are all pretty similar to me and if it were me, I would stick with one channel. A big difference would be music covers and construction.

It's good for really well established companies that can dedicate more time to their multiple channels and already have a solid following that will only expand. From my understanding and what I've seen, it's difficult to do multiple channels when first starting out and results are better if you concentrate all your efforts in one. Even if the topics are quite different from each other with regards to the videos. The topics you listed are all pretty similar to me and if it were me, I would stick with one channel. A big difference would be music covers and construction.

So you don't think anyone would unsubscribe if they originally wanted to subscribe for say concert videos and then later on I decided to started uploading filmmaking tips? To me that is complete different topics.

Back