Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey all!

So i was aware when I started my channel that I wouldn't get many views, subscribers etc in the first few months and maybe not even for years... but now that I'm actually going through with it I just, I don't know, I guess I just feel weird posting for "no one".

Especially when I upload update videos for example thanking my viewers or letting my subscribers know what videos are coming soon, etc. I just feel like I'm talking to myself or something lol

My question is how do you stay motivated in this case? I will definitely continue to make and upload videos but I need a little push, I feel like I'm getting a little diacouraged!

Reactions: Fox Beat

SimplyAlexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Especially when I upload update videos for example thanking my viewers or letting my subscribers know what videos are coming soon, etc. I just feel like I'm talking to myself or something lol
i agree with you 100% that this can be weired sometimes but you should always look forward and at least pretent - wait thats the wrong word - think of yourself as a star with millions of people watching! Thats not only more fun but that way you will sound and act more confident!
Also if you some time in the future hit the 5M sub mark, you can be sure that there are a lot of people rewatching your old videos ;)

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

GregRawinski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As long as you enjoy doing it just keep uploading. It's hard when you're not getting many views but filming and editing should give you a bit of pleasure so do it for yourself, the rest will come in time :)

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
As long as you enjoy doing it just keep uploading. It's hard when you're not getting many views but filming and editing should give you a bit of pleasure so do it for yourself, the rest will come in time :)
You're right there, I really do enjoy the video making process!

GregRawinski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's good, as long as you enjoy the process then I wouldn't worry to much, most of us struggle with the same issues of views, getting new audience etc. just be patient :)

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This might not be a popular answer, but it's honest;
I look at channels that make lower quality videos, but still post consistently.
I find them inspiring, since they're trying too.

Keys

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I literally figured this out for myself about 3 hours ago. The way I see it, it is ridiculous telling your subscribers (especially if you don't have regulars) to "stay tuned" or post about a new video coming soon. However, it isn't just about your subscribers (nor is it just about if you enjoy making the videos in the first place). I find that saying these things (although ridiculous right now) gives me the push I need to believe that one day those words might not seem so ridiculous. It allows me to act the way that I want to be on YouTube despite the number of people actually watching my videos.

In short, it develops an understanding of your YouTube self by doing what you think is right and overall makes you happy (with the added bonus of entertaining those who stick around) so even if you're talking to yourself or just one subscriber; do it because it feels right and don't worry about the technicalities of it. :) As for motivation, the final product of each video keeps me going :')

Last edited:

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I literally figured this out for myself about 3 hours ago. The way I see it, it is ridiculous telling your subscribers (especially if you don't have regulars) to "stay tuned" or post about a new video coming soon. However, it isn't just about your subscribers (nor is it just about if you enjoy making the videos in the first place). I find that saying these things (although ridiculous right now) gives me the push I need to believe that one day those words might not seem so ridiculous. It allows me to act the way that I want to be on YouTube despite the number of people actually watching my videos.

In short, it develops an understanding of your YouTube self by doing what you think is right and overall makes you happy (with the added bonus of entertaining those who stick around) so even if you're talking to yourself or just one subscriber; do it because it feels right and don't worry about the technicalities of it. :) As for motivation, the final product of each video keeps me going :')
Love this reply! Looking forward to the future and enjoying what you do is the best way to look at it ... Reminds me of that saying "dress for the job you want, not the job you have" in other words, always strive for the best and great things will come!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What you have to remember when you start out is this: I am doing this for one person. Myself. I want to share my artistic mind and creations with anyone who wants to see it.

When you are doing it for a longer time you may start to shift towards pleasing viewers as you gain subscribers. Just never forget that you are doing it because it is fun. I nearly dropped of the bandwagon at the end of 2016 due to the great downturn of YouTube and loosing some views and subscriber momentum. Now I only create when I want to create and take as long as I want to edit the content. I went from weekly content to 1-3 videos a month and couldn't be happier. And the funny thing? Subscriber increases and view increases are the same as when I did weekly content. Imagine that...