adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think I've actually ever thought about it like that. From day one I just assumed people were watching and didn't think anything of it. You have 71 subscribers, that's a fair few people watching I'd say. Keep going ☺

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

speakpixels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I feel you 100%. I'm like why am I spending all this time on color correction and editing when no one is going to watch this in the first place also who exactly am I saying Hi to? Myself? lol. Anyway what I've found useful as motivation is a sense of completion even if no one is watching my videos I know what it took to even get them there and that in itself makes me proud and motivates me to keep going.

Trippst3r

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
It can definitely be difficult when starting out and somewhat discouraging when you have little to no views on your content. As I continue to create content, I'm growing knowledge in video editing and commentary, which can prove useful in the future outside of YouTube. If you happen to blow up, you can bet your older videos will gain some views, so that's a nice outlook on it.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My question is how do you stay motivated in this case? I will definitely continue to make and upload videos but I need a little push, I feel like I'm getting a little diacouraged!
The longer I do this, and the more I study and follow successful channels, the single most important factor, I believe, is hunger. Hunger to get your voice across, hunger to help, hunger to share your knowledge, hunger for fame, hunger for money, hunger for something. Without the hunger, there is no motivation. Look inside you, what do you want. What are you hungry about? If it's in sync with what you can do in Yt, channel it. Do it. It's exactly the same to be a bestselling author - you have to have hunger to tell the story (fact or fiction), hunger to entertain and enthral the reader, hunger to be respected amongst your piers, hunger to top the NYT bestseller list and all the fame and money that comes with that. Find the hunger within. Channel it.

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Cheesy enough this is what I used to think of when I was lacking motivation. Do something enough and motivation turns into discipline and that is a lot easier to manage
main-qimg-c1e9ce80ae972e65106d31a7150086e7-c.jpg

BryMan1

Reaction score
I keep motivated just by the fun I have with the kids when we're filming, and the magic we create :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It helps me to post on creepypasta wiki because I'm known on that site for being an author. People know me so they watch the videos even when they're not creepypasta related. By having a small group of people that give really positive feedback it keeps me motivated despite low views and subs. Some videos I don't bother posting there though because I don't want to spam the site, but if it's music or creepypasta related I make a blog and it shows up on the main page. There also a "new videos" page which helps too.

Any wikis that you're known on that you can post? If not, I suggest joining one that you think you'd like where people have discussions rather than just posting info and try to become part of the community, then introduce your channel. You can also link it on your profile which can help.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
It helps me to post on creepypasta wiki because I'm known on that site for being an author. People know me so they watch the videos even when they're not creepypasta related. By having a small group of people that give really positive feedback it keeps me motivated despite low views and subs. Some videos I don't bother posting there though because I don't want to spam the site, but if it's music or creepypasta related I make a blog and it shows up on the main page. There also a "new videos" page which helps too.

Any wikis that you're known on that you can post? If not, I suggest joining one that you think you'd like where people have discussions rather than just posting info and try to become part of the community, then introduce your channel. You can also link it on your profile which can help.
Interesting idea, I hadn't acutally thought about doing this!

Tv Head Greg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I shifted my content to gaming because it's something I love to do. With that said, I end my videos with "like, comment, and subscribe! I would love to have you as one of my subscribers! Peace, bye, and see you in the next video." I say this at the end not because I want a lot of subscribers, but I want subscribers who make it to the end of the video. Those guys will binge watch your videos.

Or you can share your videos to Reddit for more exposure...

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey all!

So i was aware when I started my channel that I wouldn't get many views, subscribers etc in the first few months and maybe not even for years... but now that I'm actually going through with it I just, I don't know, I guess I just feel weird posting for "no one".

Especially when I upload update videos for example thanking my viewers or letting my subscribers know what videos are coming soon, etc. I just feel like I'm talking to myself or something lol

My question is how do you stay motivated in this case? I will definitely continue to make and upload videos but I need a little push, I feel like I'm getting a little diacouraged!

I think this screenshot will give some motivation for us... Just do it broh!! Keep upload ur great vids frequently!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk