Is it weird that I don't want people I know watching my vids?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What can I say? It's easier to act wild and crazy or like some sort of online character in front of strangers, but it's weirder when your own friends, neighbors and coworkers know it's you.

slayerkm

Daily Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I completely understand, I daily vlogged for 2 years and now vlog on a off and my coworkers have no idea. My close friends and family do now know and fully support the videos as they get to catch up on what ive been up to and also they are fun to watch back.

We recently sat and watch some vlogs from a previous holiday 2 years ago and was fun to relive the moments.

speakpixels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I share all of my videos on my Facebook, but I hide them from my coworkers and family. Lmao.
BHAHA Me too! I have a huuge ring light in my bedroom and one of my cousins was like "What's that for" and I said I make videos on YouTube and was done with the conversation. Couldn't risk having her look me up.

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Action is the cure for anxiety and fear. I went to your channel and you post good videos that provide nice information to viewers. I can't tell you how to feel or what to do, but I would be proud if those were my videos and would probably want to share them around to real life friends/coworkers
Really appreciate this, I guess you're right, there's nothing to be ashamed of, just need to get over it!

Reactions: Noobzilla