Is it weird that I don't want people I know watching my vids?

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I share all of my videos on my Facebook, but I hide them from my coworkers and family. Lmao.

JPSRose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have the same hang up. I don't even tell my wife all that much and only show her footage I've recorded before I've put my voice over it. I finally shared my latest video on facebook yesterday - fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) it seems only one person even clicked on it anyway, lol.

Nicholas Thing

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have the same feeling about it, but you don's see mee in my videos so it's I think a less strong feeling

AntoNeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes! I can relate to this so much. I'm just waiting until I grow a bit more and then I'll reveal it to my personal friends/family

And yep, I'm dreading that day...yet it's kinda fun to think about what they'll think/say when they find out I make videos on the internet (I was known as the straight-A shy kid lol)

SwankGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hey everyone,

So today I went to post a clip of one of my videos on Instagram and a lot of people I know, don't know about my channel yet... So I didn't post it :unsure2:

I don't know why, but I just suddenly started worrying about what they would think and I didn't want them to mention my videos the next time I saw some of these people (my coworkers for instance). I know I shouldn't worry about what others think, and should just enjoy what I'm doing but I couldn't help it.. I suddenly got shy!
Am I the only one who doesn't want friends and aquaintances to see my videos? How can I get over this weird "fear"?
It's common that how I was but once everyone knew then everyone wanted to join in and be apart of videos and help and the more you upload then you'll probably inspire ya friends!

FuriousBabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's totally understandable. Most people I know, don't even know I make vídeos because I don't feel "good" sharing with them and the ones who do know, I try to "avoid" showing them because I know they see it like I'm wasting a bunch of time with youtube

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Ususally I'm a really shy person, if I don't know someone or don't know people well, so I didn't feel very comfortable with it at the beginning, too and I'm not even talking in front of the camera.
I made video of a trip to the Maldives for example, where I'm just walking around, having a drink, snorkeling, trying to make selfies with a shark and rays and stuff like this :D
I have absolutely no problem with people all around the world watching this, but was unsecure about how peolpe I barely know from work e.g. would react.
I showed it to a coworker, who I know for 7 years now. She tought what I did was great and told the others to take a look. Nobody of these people really care about youtube, so they told me face to face they liked the video. It's even nicer to get some feedback this way.
I think I wouldn't mind anymore about that, if I do that type of video again but I'm pretty sure it would be different, if I was maybe sitting in front of a cam and talking about something.

CanuckKidsTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's funny you ask this. We've been passively promoting my daughter's YT channel for months now but I finally decided to start a VLOG (first entry today actually) and I haven't told anyone..

I'm really sure why.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it's normal. I don't go out of my way to tell people about my channel. but over the years, more and more people have found out including a ton of my coworkers. but when you put your videos public, someone's gonna eventually see it so no big deal either way for me.