How do you capture Skype calls for game collabs?

sparkypi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you want to do a collab with another gaming YouTuber over the internet, how do you capture their voice and time it with your video? Do you just have to send it to each other?

Electricbrae

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can capture it just by capturing system audio on your computer :) If you're recording on your PC it'll record with your game audio(Not the best quality though), but if you're recording a console or something you'll need to record the system audio of your PC using another program as you play. Most people sync together (the good ol' 3, 2, 1 CLAP) and then send their audio to each other for better quality. Other people may know a better way than me but that's what I've been doing so far :)

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
send to each other or if their mic is already amazing and the connection is as well, just capture that sound separate in OBS

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I remember when I did it literally 1 programme did it all for me.

Whatever Capture Device you use it normally picks up the PC sound or Desktop sound. That is literally all you need because your recording software will capture the Skype call on top of the game volume. It will take a bit of tinkering to get it right so you have nice game level but still able to hear your friend.

It shouldn't be too hard to do, relatively easy actually, give it a go and see how you get one.

sparkypi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you all for the advice! I currently use XSplit for gameplay and Bandicam for webcam, and I'm not sure either of those can capture system audio. Do you guys use any specific software for catching System audio? If not I'll just have to send the Audacity audio file if I do a collab.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use fraps to record the skype call and the game audio, i simply just turn down the game audio on the sound mixer and turn up the skype call a tiny bit so both are reasonable, then just add my audacity voice to it and level the sound out in sony vegas