How did you start?

• Total voters
well i started mainly because i love the youtube community and how all of it works and i've always wanted to be apart of that. After so many years of wanting to do this i finally got the equipment and ventured off into the world of youtube the learning curve is tough but i feel like imma meet some great people along the way to help, and soon after that i will take that knowledge and bestow it on another in need.

This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube
As for ourselves, we aim to entertain. That's all. We genuinely feel happier knowing we're making a positive impact.

I've tried doing YouTube for YEARS (about 3 channels on and off from 2009-2016) but I always did it for the wrong reason, I did it just in hopes to make money. That obviously doesn't work and leads to not sticking it out.

I recently got really into photography and as a way to push myself, travel, and get better at photography. A way for me to do that was to start a YouTube channel and have myself try taking new photography for every video. ALSO I have always love video editing so my YouTube channel is a place for me to practice that and build up a portfolio for editing, if I ever happen to need one.

TLDR; I started doing YouTube for trash reasons but realized, 10 years later, that I need to do it for me, so I am

I do youtube, for a sense of satisfaction. I love the feeling of feeling 'accomplished,' when I finish a video I know that I put hard work and effort into the videos, and It feels amazing just watching, i guess you could say the 'fruits of my labours' I absolutely love making youtube videos!

I always wondered how difficult was to upload and have a YT channel and always wondered if I was gonna be able to do it, now I'm enjoying and want to upload more :giggle:

I do it bcz I am hopeful in attracting attention from people toward the important issues that is ignored
to inform people also about things I think is important
to be famous and I am hopeful one day my channel may become
because getting views and subscribers bring great feelings

My sons have asked me many times to start a YouTube channel but I never really gave it much thought.
Then after they kept asking, I decided I would. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm doing but I can tell you, I'm loving it.
It's a chance for me and my sons to record our interests and activities together and share it with others. Whether we get more subscribers or not, I like the fact we have video memories to look back on later in life.

Back