Hot Topic ** YouTube reduces sub counts ** (all discussion goes here)

Parcel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Today so far I lost 40 subscribers, everyday i'm slowly losing more, oh welp.

Aresteele

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"Subscriber count dropped
We take the relationship between our content creators and their subscribers seriously and work hard to keep those numbers accurate by filtering out suspicious activity around the clock. We recently discovered a bug that prevented changes in subscriber counts from being accurately displayed publicly on creators’ channels.

The bug has now been fixed and creators’ public subscriber counts have been corrected. The bug did not affect subscriber counts reflected on YouTube Analytics, where you have had access to accurate subscriber numbers."

The above was YouTube Help from Google Support
That's really funny actually. I only lost 6 subs after that whole thing. I expected it to be a lot more devastating. I know it sucked for bigger channels since they lost numbers from 100k and up. But they have the ability to regain that back in little to no time.

Reactions: Noobzilla

Heyon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I lost 3 subs time to kms :'(

Tv Head Greg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I didn't see any subs drop off, but I am guessing it's because I am a smaller channel. I saw PewDiePie's video on it and I was kind of surprised that it was such a great number of subscribers. How does YouTube even know that channels are inactive or scammers anyway. I have an old channel from 7 years ago that has been inactive for years and it's still there. Crazy stuff.

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It seems like getting back into it was a good thing after all. Gained back 19 of the 41 I lost so far. :)

Willabee

Let's be weird together!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer, Other
Losing dead weight is a good thing. Now you have a chance to better understand your real audience, not a bunch of bots.

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
A bit late to talk to this about a topic but... how bad did it hit you? Me personally I lost 3 subscribers that I got back in the same day when I made my new video about the whole #YouTubePurge thing that went on.