Being able to effectively reach all your subscribers on YouTube without having to build up a presence on Twitch is a pretty big plus. And if it gets integrated with the partner programs Twitch can kiss a large part of their memberbase goodbye. It's much easier to get a partnership on YouTube than it is to get into the partner program on Twitch.

One of the big things I'm hoping for is an integrated feature that allows small tips. Not the mandatory 5 dollars like on Twitch, but amounts as small as 50 cents just so people can support their favorite viewers. Provide an API to tap into and it'll already be much better than Twitch handles that.

I'm worried about what this would do to smaller channels. Most game viewers are going to go to this site now which will showcase the biggest gamer youtubers on the homepage. This would direct traffic away from us smaller channels. At least I think. Someone explain if I seem like I don't understand the concept.

Hang out with your favorite YouTube Creators in our new Live system, featuring improved chat latency and moderation.

CHUdKDsUwAAdRyM.png
Hey this kinda reminds me of Twi-

As soon as I saw that picture, I said "uh-oh". YouTube done did it now. Looks awesome though, I can't even lie.

Onslaught of new gaming channels/members incoming for YTtalk, no doubt.

I'm worried about what this would do to smaller channels. Most game viewers are going to go to this site now which will showcase the biggest gamer youtubers on the homepage. This would direct traffic away from us smaller channels. At least I think. Someone explain if I seem like I don't understand the concept.
What? Twitch is the one who showcases the larger streams. They sort from large to small.

Youtube now gives smaller videos a chance for exposure. I think they'll do that too for the new platform

What? Twitch is the one who showcases the larger streams. They sort from large to small.

Youtube now gives smaller videos a chance for exposure. I think they'll do that too for the new platform

I hope so. Smaller channels have little chance for exposure but there still is that chance. I hope they continue that for their new platform.

so is that something like you can do live stream like Twitch? or its just a website that featuring all those channel that doing live stream event?

It appears YouTube is implementing Content ID into their live streams, which effectively means not being able to stream any kind of decent music. That's a serious downer compared to Twitch where you can at least stream music live.

It appears YouTube is implementing Content ID into their live streams, which effectively means not being able to stream any kind of decent music. That's a serious downer compared to Twitch where you can at least stream music live.
What is your source to the content ID thing?

Last edited:
Back