Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CHUYNSmUEAAfDiF.png:large

Brand-new user experience puts games front and center, including live gaming.

CHUajoiUMAAGl9Y.jpg

View content in three ways: through Games, Feed and Channels.

CHUcUFYVAAAjiUn.jpg

Hang out with your favorite YouTube Creators in our new Live system, featuring improved chat latency and moderation.

CHUdKDsUwAAdRyM.png

Good shelf organization and naming will create a killer channel in the YouTube Gaming App.

CHUd1_9VAAE7xkN.jpg

In My Games, you can tell the app which games you're really into and get more relevant recommendations.

CHUeQrNUEAAcZ6_.png

More info:

Check out: https://gaming.youtube.com/

Official announcement on the YouTube blog: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-youtube-built-for-gamers.html

Twitter account: https://twitter.com/YouTubeGaming

Last edited:
I've been expecting something like this since the Google/Twitch buyout fell through. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. There are a significant number of Twitch streamers who simply won't move over to YouTube streaming, but this site looks to be a wholesale move of the Gaming YouTubers to a dedicated location. It will be potentially huge for those who have a YouTube audience but no established Twitch presence.

@Michael I think you're gonna want to sticky this. It's the biggest YT change in a long time. ;)

I've been expecting something like this since the Google/Twitch buyout fell through. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. There are a significant number of Twitch streamers who simply won't move over to YouTube streaming, but this site looks to be a wholesale move of the Gaming YouTubers to a dedicated location. It will be potentially huge for those who have a YouTube audience but no established Twitch presence.

@Michael I think you're gonna want to sticky this. It's the biggest YT change in a long time. ;)

You read my mind. I'm not a gamer myself but this does look like YouTube trying to compete with Twitch both with the live streaming features and also the User Interface customisation options to make the channels a bit more appealing (ie looks like they're ditching the "one channel" stuff for gaming channels)

You read my mind. I'm not a gamer myself but this does look like YouTube trying to compete with Twitch both with the live streaming features and also the User Interface customisation options to make the channels a bit more appealing (ie looks like they're ditching the "one channel" stuff for gaming channels)

It's designed as a Twitch killer. One of the major problems that Twitch always had was that it entered the ad game late. It started the same way YouTube did, with a very restrictive partner program of invites only. Problem is, YouTubeGaming will leverage the existing YT partner program, so there is far less benefit to those with an unpartnered Twitch channel to stay on Twitch. I'm just glad there will be competition. I've got no Twitch audience to speak of, so this is a big win for me.

Especially with 60fps streaming, which my rig can do. When it launches, I'll probably take the whole week off work.

It's designed as a Twitch killer. One of the major problems that Twitch always had was that it entered the ad game late. It started the same way YouTube did, with a very restrictive partner program of invites only. Problem is, YouTubeGaming will leverage the existing YT partner program, so there is far less benefit to those with an unpartnered Twitch channel to stay on Twitch. I'm just glad there will be competition. I've got no Twitch audience to speak of, so this is a big win for me.

Especially with 60fps streaming, which my rig can do. When it launches, I'll probably take the whole week off work.

I've just read that the platform will automatically convert the live stream into a YouTube video. That is going to be a huge feature IMO. RIP Twitch.

I've just read that the platform will automatically convert the live stream into a YouTube video. That is going to be a huge feature IMO. RIP Twitch.

YouTube Live always did this. The main problem with YT Live honestly was searchability and chat. The chat system was basically little more than regular youtube comments which doesn't work for live streaming.

Back