Will people follow an over-arching plot?

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

I am wondering if my viewers will bother to try and follow what happens in terms of overarching story. My channel has a larger plot going on, with a mix of videos that are related or not related to that plot. I really hope that my viewers actually pay attention to that, but there is some videos that are really important to the plot, but don't have as many views as other videos. :(
I am considering making a short video that explains what has been happening so far, in the hopes that someone stumbles upon it and watches it. But I don't think it would be very funny. Any opinions on this topic? Does anyone of you have an overarching plot?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Uhh, basically like McJuggerNuggets? I wouldn't explain anything.. if it's weird enough the randomness and mystery of it might draw people into attaching to you and the story more.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The ones super dedicated to your channel will become invested and the others will overlook it. I'd say let people discover it and that will make those who do know about it feel more special and even more invested in you. A video would take away from the mystery and overarching storyline. Sounds interesting though, I love that sort of thing!

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
It strongly depends. Have you got the videos in a playlist where it is obvious that it is a series ? Or does the viewer need to watch every video of you ?
I would do a quick video like : "What happend so far" and make a playlist with all the plot episodes.
Also : are you german ? Your accent sounds very similar to mine

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you guys for the responses!

Yes, sounds like it is best to just continue what I have been doing. Especially with the meaning of my videos being up to interpretation. I really hope that some day, maybe someone will wonder what it all actually means. There is some blatantly obvious social commentary, but some other stuff is pretty subtle.

There is a playlist called "Plot/Canon-Videos". But it doesn't seem like anyone noticed that. Also, it is not up to date anymore.

Yeah, I am from Germany. Still trying to get rid of my accent. What video did you hear the accent in? Because I have been working on that a lot, so that my accent sounds more like that of a native speaker.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Thank you guys for the responses!

Yes, sounds like it is best to just continue what I have been doing. Especially with the meaning of my videos being up to interpretation. I really hope that some day, maybe someone will wonder what it all actually means. There is some blatantly obvious social commentary, but some other stuff is pretty subtle.

There is a playlist called "Plot/Canon-Videos". But it doesn't seem like anyone noticed that. Also, it is not up to date anymore.

Yeah, I am from Germany. Still trying to get rid of my accent. What video did you hear the accent in? Because I have been working on that a lot, so that my accent sounds more like that of a native speaker.
Keine Ahnung, war aber nicht sehr alt.
Keine Sorge, ich glaube nicht dass das ein großes Problem ist.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mich stört es aber leider schon ein wenig. Und ich mag die Akzente der Briten, Amerikaner und Australier einfach.

BigB0ss

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Don't explain anything, you should just stay in character. All it takes is for one nut job to make a comment about it and then everyone will be in on it.

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, that's what I will be doing now. Should also be more interesting for people to actually analyze the plot and the meaning, if they bother to.