Who inspired you to start making Gaming Videos? =P Storytime...

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From the very beginning, it started with me watching ProtonJonSA and specifically his Super Mario World Let's Plays....and even MORE specifically, his Kaizo Mario LP and I watched it over and over again. I wanted to be just like him because he was really funny and I loved watching all his Kaizo LP's so I started doing my own SMW Hack Let's Plays. Eventually I met many other inspiration that turned me into the person that I am now, I found AzuraBlade49 right after, then MilesLuigi, then moved on to SSoHPKC, and CreatureHub, to Dashie, to then watching CowChop and AfroSenju. YouTube is such a wonderful place because you meet all these awesome people and they can just change the world for you, let's plays are a part of me and I really do love them. So I just wanna know your story, now that you've seen mine or taken the time to read mine. But if not then regardless I still wanna hear your story =P

Reactions: Darkinno and Crown

Mikes

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Whoa, that's a lot of users. Sadly, my story is hardly interesting.

"all the cool kids are doing it. me tooooo"

Compodulator

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I watched some noble's videos and wanted to become like him. A lovable, funny, laughing person.
Unfortunately, that failed, seeing as I'm still looking like a serial killer and sound like one as well. But I found that there are some people who enjoy what I make regardless, and it stuck.

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Whoa, that's a lot of users. Sadly, my story is hardly interesting.

"all the cool kids are doing it. me tooooo"
Yea, I did have alot of inspirations during my time...I just love watching let's plays. And it's ok if the story isn't all that interesting, sharing is caring XD[DOUBLEPOST=1467566113,1467565909][/DOUBLEPOST]
I watched some noble's videos and wanted to become like him. A lovable, funny, laughing person.
Unfortunately, that failed, seeing as I'm still looking like a serial killer and sound like one as well. But I found that there are some people who enjoy what I make regardless, and it stuck.
Well, as long as some people like you that's what makes the difference. It doesn't have to be thousands of people enjoying your content right off the bat. I still have a long way to go myself =P

Reactions: Mikes and Darkinno

Compodulator

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, as long as some people like you that's what makes the difference. It doesn't have to be thousands of people enjoying your content right off the bat. I still have a long way to go myself =P
I operate on educated guess here... I'm having more than zero views on my videos, except for the last one, so... I'm guessing someone out there watches them... or at least parts of them...

edit: I now made the mistake of going into analytics. And now I'm depressed.

Last edited:

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I operate on educated guess here... I'm having more than zero views on my videos, except for the last one, so... I'm guessing someone out there watches them... or at least parts of them...
I only get acouple views per video, I do let's play on smash 4, mario maker, and bloodborne....I'm uploading my first Dark Souls 3 episode with my cousin and I can't wait to see how it does. I worked really hard on the characters in the thumbnails too XD it's too crazy, but yea, if your getting only acouple views on your videos then you might have to just keep at it or change your approach :l

Reactions: Darkinno

Darkinno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I havent started uploading videos.Im still making them but this is my story.3 years ago i started watching Trick2g and 1 year later i started playing league of legends.Im still stuck in silver but i havent been playing for monts.Now i want to make gaming videos(most league of legends) and my idol i trick2g.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
We started VideoMasters back before the internet, but back then the only people that would see our VHS shows were ourselves and family, and at the time noone really got it. When Youtube came around I found out you can just link a digital camera to the computer to get your videos online, and bam! Luckily (or unluckily) I did a search an discovered there were other guys called Videomasters, so we changed it to Video Game Masters. Man, we saved ourselves from random people we don't know complaining that we took the name.

The reviews required editing and I throw in some skits here and there, but those take time to make and put together. When I saw that people were posting just unedited playthroughs of games, with or without talking, I figured it would be something fun to try out because it was quicker and would help fill the void between VGM episodes, and I guess people might like our random banter.

As for WHO inspired me directly... IDK. There are so many Lets Players right now, but I'll tell you it wasn't someone big like Markimoo or Pewds. I think the first LPs I saw were of the Genesis version of Battletoads and Double Dragon since I had the SNES version.

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

edit: I now made the mistake of going into analytics. And now I'm depressed.
Yea, you don't wanna do that XD because it shows the watch times or attention duration of whoever watches. It's ok, mine is terrible too =P you just have to keep working at it, don't give up, and keep trying to make your content entertaining to watch...perseverance is very important in this community