What are ways to increase watch time?

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
One way is to start off your videos with a better hook. For example, if your video is called "How to get 1,000 subs" then one of the first things you should say is, "This method got me to over 1,000 subs and counting." That will get people interested.

I just watched a few of your videos, and your videos are pretty short so that may be the reason of short watch time is because your videos aren't long. Personally, I think you should add commentary to your videos. I don't know what kind of editing software you have (or microphone), but I think you should silence the clips in your editing software and then use a microphone to add commentary and edit that in over the clip.

Reactions: Redford1900

Wimbus

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Better hook to lure in your audience. before I had my own channel I would just leave a video if it didn't catch my attention right away. Also say most of your funny stuff in the first half.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
By hook, do you mean like make the first few seconds or something or the video best as to make people want to continue watching? Like the way they say the first of a book? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1465947875,1465947729][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just watched a few of your videos, and your videos are pretty short so that may be the reason of short watch time is because your videos aren't long. Personally, I think you should add commentary to your videos. I don't know what kind of editing software you have (or microphone), but I think you should silence the clips in your editing software and then use a microphone to add commentary and edit that in over the clip.
I just record my videos then upload them as they are If I need to like add few clips together into the one video then I do it either using Windows Movie Maker or the YouTube Editor :p[DOUBLEPOST=1465952912][/DOUBLEPOST]So shorter videos decrease watch time?

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I often find that threats of violence or blackmail are extremely efficient

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
One thing that helped me was after your hook and intro, talk briefly what your entire video will be about, but saving the best part for last.

saBotage

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
So shorter videos decrease watch time?
From my experience the audience see a percentage of different kinds of videos - almost always the same percentage. Therefor, short videos = short overall watch time.

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't know if your channel is the one linked here, but...why do you think people should be interested in watching your videos when there's not really much action going on, there's no talking/discussion/etc.,?

I feel like there were some videos where you could have really had an opportunity to do something more. For example, in your fish white spot video, you talk about it in in the description, but I think it would have been even better if you had maybe had a voiceover in the video itself for treating white spot, etc.,

Reactions: SeanFace101

PunchbowlGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you make a news or topic video you could place annotations in your video to different points so people can skip to what they want easily

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like there were some videos where you could have really had an opportunity to do something more. For example, in your fish white spot video, you talk about it in in the description, but I think it would have been even better if you had maybe had a voiceover in the video itself for treating white spot, etc.,
Yeah i know what video you are talking about, and there are some other the same. :p I need to get a mic i think then put my voice other the video. :p