Unsure What I Should Do to Effectively Brand Myself...

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Hey Guys,

Recently, I have been looking at my channel and have been unsure if the way I am branding my channel on the main page and in general has been effective or conveys the channel I run. I run a gaming/review channel where I play Anime and Horror Games, and review Anime. However, recently I have been considering whether or not I should continue with the Horror stuff, as people don't seem to like it as much. Also, while I like the banner and such that I have on my channel, as they were done by good friends of mine, I am not sure if they fit my channel or not. Any possible advice at this point would be incredibly helpful. I feel like I have gotten much much better at tags for my videos, but I am unsure if I have been making effective thumbnails, or if my channel is broadcasting what I want from this channel. Again, any possible advice would be incredibly helpful and I would be incredibly grateful for any possible advice. Thanks!

Neimers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think you definitely are going to draw in a very specific and niche audience - and I'm sure there's a big following in horror and anime games! I say stick with what you're passionate about and what content you want to create and I'm confident people will be happy to watch something you're proud of :) In terms of branding, I think your banner is great - but if you have the photoshop file for it maybe changing the youtube link to something like your upload schedule? It seems a bit redundant to have your URL when we're already visiting your page!

As well I always tend to say - if you don't like it, then change it until you like it! Another suggestion is possibly adding titles to your thumbnails? I know it's kinda hard with the flashy anime, but personally I'm more drawn to videos that have big flashy words and a big flashy title.

Also have you considered trying to talk to people on other anime forums or subreddits? I think if you talk to people who like the same thing as you then you can possibly draw in more of an audience!

Reactions: TheDragonking564
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
I think you definitely are going to draw in a very specific and niche audience - and I'm sure there's a big following in horror and anime games! I say stick with what you're passionate about and what content you want to create and I'm confident people will be happy to watch something you're proud of :) In terms of branding, I think your banner is great - but if you have the photoshop file for it maybe changing the youtube link to something like your upload schedule? It seems a bit redundant to have your URL when we're already visiting your page!

As well I always tend to say - if you don't like it, then change it until you like it! Another suggestion is possibly adding titles to your thumbnails? I know it's kinda hard with the flashy anime, but personally I'm more drawn to videos that have big flashy words and a big flashy title.

Also have you considered trying to talk to people on other anime forums or subreddits? I think if you talk to people who like the same thing as you then you can possibly draw in more of an audience!
Yeah, my problem is, is that I don't particularly own Photoshop, I use online image editors for most of my thumbnails. It works, but I can't afford Photoshop at the moment unless I find a download for it, which I won't ask for on this site because liabilities and such. And I will definitely look into trying to add a bit more to the thumbnails, since all I tend to do at the moment is use the CG that was present in the video I just did, and add a number to it for the part, so I will definitely look into trying to pull that off. As for the anime forums and subreddits, it hadn't even crossed my mind, as I don't like considering just going into random forums and such that have nothing to do with YouTube, and just bringing up my channel. I always felt that advertising yourself on things like that or other people's videos was rather cheesy and wouldn't do much except bring in haters, but if you think that I would benefit from talking with people in those forums and such, then I will definitely look into it.