Subscribing to the channels of people who promised to subscribe to mine.....and they did not.

Annette Regina

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't expect to be disappointed by fellow you tubers who, like me, are looking for subscribers. Is there a way this can be tracked?

I'm working on high quality relatable content and I am sure I'll eventually get the subscribers but for now I need to market my channel as much as I can.

Reactions: Dadrules

TeraVex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer, Reviewer
Sub4sub is always a sketchy and imo bad practice. I'd try to avoid it as much as possible! If you want loyal subs you just basically gotta make friends at the small level and go from there!

Annette Regina

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sub4sub is always a sketchy and imo bad practice. I'd try to avoid it as much as possible! If you want loyal subs you just basically gotta make friends at the small level and go from there!
Yea, I agree, especially as I want my subscribers to actually enjoy the content I make.

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Sub4Sub practice does not work in the long term. Why get subscribers who won't be there to watch your content? Doesn't matter if you get 1 Million Sub4Sub subscribers if you only get 1,000 views, maybe.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There´s always going to be jerks, who does that kind of stuff, just to get ahead!

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

(The YTtalk support/suggestions forum is specifically for YTtalk forum support.)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

amateurgamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Treasure those who subscribe on their own accord. They are the ones who will be more active than your normal viewers.

Remember that a sub is a number until you interacted with the person. One comment (likely all you will get from that person) isn't an interaction you wish to have.

Reactions: MangoCoyote

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah sub4sub just results in a inflated subscriber count with little active viewers. Instead just convert the views into subscribers, so I would focus more on views and watch time and hopefully convert some of that into subscribers!

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't do sub4sub lol it's a horrible idea... won't get you anywhere.