Subscribing to the channels of people who promised to subscribe to mine.....and they did not.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
YouTube looks at how many subscribers watch a video and it helps decide whether to promote or not based on that (and other things) so the sub for subbers will never climb out of the hole they make for themselves.

For me, I don't even do a CTA anymore and never ask anyone to subscribe. It's nice to have a high number if they actually watch but as a number it's not important to me

wildlyboring

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I usually try to make it clear to people who comment on my videos in a very "sub4sub" way that I will check out their channels, but that I do only subscribe to channels which produce content that I'm actively interested in watching. And, I would hope the same is true for people subscribing to me - I don't really want a bunch of subscribers if the only reason they are subscribed is because they're hoping that I'll return the favor. If I subscribe to someone, it's because I genuinely like what they're putting up, not because I just want my own numbers to grow. It's not really all that awesome to have a sub box full of things you're disinterested in, just in the spirit of "supporting" other people and channels. :)

Reactions: MaGic

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
sub4sub is literally the worst thing you can do. Genuine subs count, sub4sub subs are worthless cos those people wont come back to see your videos and thats the entire point of getting subs. Good luck in the future. Promote more all over the webs :)

ImperialArm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sub4sub, subs for shout outs are toxic and gain you no actual followers for the most part, you want views so that YT promotes your videos and you gain followers who are interested in your content or you. Actual followers equal more views which equals new subs and repeat. I think at some point when we are first starting out we all fall for the sub4sub crap.

DewmOnline

Reaction score
Same thing with people who "buy views"... it may boost it for a little while, but its not giving the real audience that would enjoy your content on a long term basis.

DewmOnline

Reaction score
Is buying views legal in YT? Do some channels really buying views?
No its not legal, but TBH on a test channel of mine I bought some. I really wanted to know if the higher view rate would bump be up on the search rate and it would bring in more views for the video over all.

Paid $12 for 5k views.. and it added the 5k views over a period of 12 hours, but then it really didn't make a difference at all. I would NOT recommend doing this, you can get your YT account banned for it. But I tried it more as an experiment then anything.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No its not legal, but TBH on a test channel of mine I bought some. I really wanted to know if the higher view rate would bump be up on the search rate and it would bring in more views for the video over all.

Paid $12 for 5k views.. and it added the 5k views over a period of 12 hours, but then it really didn't make a difference at all. I would NOT recommend doing this, you can get your YT account banned for it. But I tried it more as an experiment then anything.
I was already thinking of trying that too good thing you shared your experience i will not do it. I will just let my channel grow on its own after i made the 1k subs and continue making good content. Then hopefully YT will recognize my channel someday.

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sub4sub is the biggest waste of time a YouTuber can do. Focus on connecting with your audience, not people who are only subscribing to artificially inflate their channel's subscribers.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I was already thinking of trying that too good thing you shared your experience i will not do it. I will just let my channel grow on its own after i made the 1k subs and continue making good content. Then hopefully YT will recognize my channel someday.
Unlike many years ago, YT now has an intelligent algorithm on ranking channels. Buying views or subs would heavily hurt your channel in the future.