Sound off in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Aerdian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello,

I did some rendering and exporting for my YouTube channel today, but after a few hours, all my gameplays finished and a large majority of them contained off audio. The sound was coming before the video. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Electricbrae

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Premier has been a pain in the butt with audio since CS6~ I've got a couple work around's I've been using recently though so hopefully one works for you!

The first one is converting the video file to have a separate audio file using a video to mp3 converter (or if the audio is working at first I use Premier to export as an MP3 because I no longer trust it...) once you have the mp3 you can just add it to you time line and work away, having the separate mp3 files has been the most secure method of editing recently. You can link the video and separate audio files super easy too.

The second method I use is when the audio breaks mid edit, I convert my video to another video file like .avi and then replace the footage. Since the footage is the same length all your edits are kept and it usually works even though the process can take some time to go through (right click on the footage you want to replace in the project files and choose replace footage) This is pretty much a life saver!

If you're audio is mismatched from your video no matter what you do then sadly the only option is to go through and fix the audio to match up. I had to do this recently even though both clips were the same length, I think it may actually be down to hardware lag rather than any issue with Premier itself in that instance though.

Also what export settings are you using? I hope you get your videos working!

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use the program handbrake to sync the audio and video.
You need to play with vsync enabled to get rid of the video/audio going off. (I think...at least it worked for me) premiere struggles with variable frame rates if I'm correct. :/