Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
I'm looking into buying lights for my camera , right I'm only using natural lighting and it looks beautiful, but there's a few cons to it like when I need to film and the weather isn't the best so then I can't film a video and In the winter the lighting is going to be terrible. What type of lighting should I get a soft on or a ring light? And what specific brand should I go with? The type of videos I make are comed, skits, storytime and sometimes tutorials but not very often, I will be doing music on my channel soon

I had a similar dilemma and after watching a few comprehensive reviews I decided to buy a ring light. It was the most portable and I always buy the most practical option. The ring light I own allows me to place my camera in the middle and therefore acts as a 2-in-1 tripod and light.

I had a similar dilemma and after watching a few comprehensive reviews I decided to buy a ring light. It was the most portable and I always buy the most practical option. The ring light I own allows me to place my camera in the middle and therefore acts as a 2-in-1 tripod and light.
Where did you get and what brand is it? Does the lighting look good?

Where did you get and what brand is it? Does the lighting look good?

The light I am using is by a company called 'Neewer®'. You can purchase one from amazon for just under £100. It is dimmable so can be suitable for a variety of situations and I think the lighting is very good. It has been labelled 'best cheap YouTube light money can buy'. Hope this helps.

I normally use Softbox Photography Studio Lights for my shoots. Approximately around $200-$400 for a set depending on where you look. Sure they take a bit of time to lug around the home or office but they tend to work beautifully. For on the go shoots that don't require as much I tend to stick to portable L.E.D lights that allow you to adjust how much power the light receives.

I've only used a ring light once. And the photoshoot involved a bathtub. It lit up the scene beautifully and would recommend those again. Not sure on the price.

Either way I see it just depends on portability, price and convenience on which kind of light(s) you decide to go with. Best of luck! =]

I normally use Softbox Photography Studio Lights for my shoots. Approximately around $200-$400 for a set depending on where you look. Sure they take a bit of time to lug around the home or office but they tend to work beautifully. For on the go shoots that don't require as much I tend to stick to portable L.E.D lights that allow you to adjust how much power the light receives.

I've only used a ring light once. And the photoshoot involved a bathtub. It lit up the scene beautifully and would recommend those again. Not sure on the price.

Either way I see it just depends on portability, price and convenience on which kind of light(s) you decide to go with. Best of luck! =]
Thank you! Is the video where you used the ring light on your channel? so I can see what it looks like

Thank you! Is the video where you used the ring light on your channel? so I can see what it looks like
The only video I have posted on my channel was shot entirely outside so there was no need to use it! However, I have been using it for various college assignments and have been pleased with the results. I have no doubts I will be posting a video while using it in the future. In the meantime, I found a review of the exact product which you can watch. Christian James does a great job with the comparison. Search 'The Best Cheap YouTube Light Money Can Buy' on YouTube to find the video.

The only video I have posted on my channel was shot entirely outside so there was no need to use it! However, I have been using it for various college assignments and have been pleased with the results. I have no doubts I will be posting a video while using it in the future. In the meantime, I found a review of the exact product which you can watch. Christian James does a great job with the comparison. Search 'The Best Cheap YouTube Light Money Can Buy' on YouTube to find the video.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back