REDDIT & Twitter??? Your thoughts, stategies and techniques

Where do you find the most success sharing your YT Videos

• Total voters

Freshly Finished

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hey Everyone, I have recently picked up Reddit and well am trying to get more involved in twitter, however... MY LORD ARE THEY CONFUSING lol.

Reddit:

The one thing i have found on reddit so far is to title your posts as if you were titling a news paper. Dont ever share a post saying "My New Video....etc" instead, what is it about your video that will draw someone in to click it. For example, my last video was a live performance of one of my favorite hip hop artists that I shot at a beach festival in my hometown last year (Center of Gravity) in Kelowna. During this video, I edited it to look like a music video of one of his songs, lining up the words from his live performance of said song and overlaying slow motion from his performances of other songs.

In this case, what I did was name my Reddit post "How to create a music video from a live performance" see how that sounds much more apt to have someone click it as aposed to "My new music video"

Twitter:

.............I have no idea, and i need some advice hahaha ;)

Reactions: Switchbox

Tyler Boyd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Google Plus surprisingly! I've joined some Youtube communities and have found success with that. But recently reddit, with videos that feature my cats, lol.

Freshly Finished

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Google Plus surprisingly! I've joined some Youtube communities and have found success with that. But recently reddit, with videos that feature my cats, lol.
hahah RIGHT!?!?! Cat videos seem to be the bomb when posting on reddit for some reason, I need to make a goofy a** video with my dog or something and see what happens[DOUBLEPOST=1461280393,1461280348][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't have any shares :'( xD
you will get some!!! i have not gotten any shares on reddit or twitter either, however my idol Matty Brown did just retweet one of my tweets today....it was however about him lol nut still made me happy

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I find Twitter the easiest thing, because it takes a small amount of attention to get your message out there. Follow a bunch of people, respond and retweet and favorite things that the people you follow say. The click-through to videos is okay, but not terrific, but it's pretty good.

It can be very easy to get obnoxious on that platform, so restraint is important, for sure. Finding that balance is what's key, I think.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Fully agree with you on making your titles flashy and even a bit sensationalistic on reddit. They don't have much info to get from your post so you need to make it as attractive as possible! Also not sure how Twitter works haha. I'm doing some relevant hashtags but pretty much getting zero response or feedback on that medium. Perhaps need to do what xingcat suggests and follow others and retweet and stuff

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
hahah RIGHT!?!?! Cat videos seem to be the bomb when posting on reddit for some reason, I need to make a goofy a** video with my dog or something and see what happens
Do this! I love your work and I know you would make a great dog video.[DOUBLEPOST=1461322749,1461322637][/DOUBLEPOST]
Google Plus is a nice source of steady views for me too. I have 38 followers on my google plus page. I don't know what that means, but I'll take it. I'm glad your cats are helping you out on Reddit.

Freshly Finished

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Do this! I love your work and I know you would make a great dog video.[DOUBLEPOST=1461322749,1461322637][/DOUBLEPOST]

Google Plus is a nice source of steady views for me too. I have 38 followers on my google plus page. I don't know what that means, but I'll take it. I'm glad your cats are helping you out on Reddit.
BAHHHHH ok, I have a music video to film today, so right after that, DOG VIDEO IT IS. and trust me, my dog is a straight up goofball hahaha. as we can see here:
aefa.JPG

Reactions: Redford1900