Status
Not open for further replies.
Content is king.... and so is luck.... unfortunately. But keep going. I finally hit 100 after almost 4 years. Just have to post consistently and try to pick relevant games to go with. And 1 year is not that long to go without 1000 subs anymore. I read somewhere that if you have 100, you're actually in the top 5% of youtubers. If that's true, that just means there are tons and tons of youtubers out there. But you're also ahead of a lot of them at least.
yes, i totally agree. I was hovering around 50 for the longest time. All of a sudden, jumped to around 80-ish... 3 days later, I was at 138. Then a massive drop. That was weird. I don't do sub for sub (anymore) because it never works, people will sub just to get yours, then unsub almost immediately. So, very strange the huge jump then almost immediate drop. Still cant figure out what happened. So as of today, i'm back around 83-ish, Just trying to crack 100 and REMAIN above 100. Then keep working at the next goal, 200, then 500, then 1,000, etc. Best of luck, my advice, even though i'm super new to both this forum and to youtube itself (I'm only 2 months old), is to REMAIN CONSISTENT, and try to put out the best content you can. I'm in a difficult niche (chill/relaxing ambient music/sounds), but there is demand, however, still hard when you're so new and unknown.

yes, i totally agree. I was hovering around 50 for the longest time. All of a sudden, jumped to around 80-ish... 3 days later, I was at 138. Then a massive drop. That was weird. I don't do sub for sub (anymore) because it never works, people will sub just to get yours, then unsub almost immediately. So, very strange the huge jump then almost immediate drop. Still cant figure out what happened. So as of today, i'm back around 83-ish, Just trying to crack 100 and REMAIN above 100. Then keep working at the next goal, 200, then 500, then 1,000, etc. Best of luck, my advice, even though i'm super new to both this forum and to youtube itself (I'm only 2 months old), is to REMAIN CONSISTENT, and try to put out the best content you can. I'm in a difficult niche (chill/relaxing ambient music/sounds), but there is demand, however, still hard when you're so new and unknown.
Just checked your channel and you dont have anything to worry about at all its really good and relaxing and I am not just saying that just to make you feel better about yourself I actually mean it, you deserve all the subs and your views is pretty good. How ever the rest of us who are gamers have problems to worry about so you make sure you relax and keep doing what you do cause you my friend will be fine ;)

My favorite video is the one with over 1300 views and the reason to why it has so many views I believe is because you have a life emotion here we can actually hear and see the raindrops at the same time when they hit the trees and then fall down to the ground where as the others is stealth thumbnail pictures which I dont think brings out the same emotion in me as the other one dose, the videos become stock and dosent keep a flow, life images will definitely help moving things cause it feels like I am under that tree myself.

Its just my opinion I might be wrong or not but good luck with it, its definitely something different and unique from what I am used to see :thumbsup2:

Hard work pays off!

Ask yourself this.. Are you doing everything you possibly can for your channel? The answer will probably be no. Not just for you but for 99% of the people on YouTube including me. There's always something that you can do better, more often or just new stuff that you haven't thought about yet.

Just do as much as you possibly can and you'll see results. The day I learned this I started working really hard towards daily uploads. I managed to do it for 1 month and counting. That month was my biggest growth month ever. 500 new subscribers on a 2K channel.

Also, don't worry about what the other guys are doing. Fight your own battles, worry about your own channel. The ones that take off in 2017 are more often than not just lucky or they know someone. The scene is extremely crowded and everyone wants to get to the top... Worry about what you can control and that is your own work ethic and quality.

Hope this helps!

I have same problem I lost interest doing videos as I didnt get much growth my other channel about cars was more succesful got views but not many subs. I have a gaming channel called SSSharpShot I really wanted to grow it with some niche videos only problem is that I cant find my right niche where there isnt so much competition I have a couple of games in my mind or maybe do videos of old cod or battlefield games but how do I know the topic or the keywords around the topic hasn't been used so many times by other youtubers?

I mean I am familiar with tubebuddy, VidIQ and all of that but how am I supposed to find out how competitive my topic/niche are based on the youtubers who has or hasn't already made videos about this topic?

If you use VIDIQ and search a keyword on YouTube it tells you what the search volume and competition is around that particular keyword and also gives you other related keys to go along with it.

If you use VIDIQ and search a keyword on YouTube it tells you what the search volume and competition is around that particular keyword and also gives you other related keys to go along with it.
I have VidIQ and only thing I get is "Not enough search volume to show reports" it keeps saying that to all videos I watch. Tubebuddy has a system where you can check the competition around a keyword too but I am a bit skeptical as I have ranked pretty good in the keywords it told me was bad to use so not so sure how precise it is but it would definitely be great with more than 1 opinion around the keywords I look up but I never learned to master VidIQ as I founded it to difficult and it also want payment for many of the services.

Hard work pays off!

Ask yourself this.. Are you doing everything you possibly can for your channel? The answer will probably be no. Not just for you but for 99% of the people on YouTube including me. There's always something that you can do better, more often or just new stuff that you haven't thought about yet.

Just do as much as you possibly can and you'll see results. The day I learned this I started working really hard towards daily uploads. I managed to do it for 1 month and counting. That month was my biggest growth month ever. 500 new subscribers on a 2K channel.

Also, don't worry about what the other guys are doing. Fight your own battles, worry about your own channel. The ones that take off in 2017 are more often than not just lucky or they know someone. The scene is extremely crowded and everyone wants to get to the top... Worry about what you can control and that is your own work ethic and quality.

Hope this helps!
Oh, so daily uploads HELPED you??? I'm still tempted to try, but I don't want a billion videos with no views. It might hurt future viewers' perception of me. I do enjoy it though. I can't check now because I'm at work (shame on me already lol), but what kind of content were you uploading?

I have VidIQ and only thing I get is "Not enough search volume to show reports" it keeps saying that to all videos I watch. Tubebuddy has a system where you can check the competition around a keyword too but I am a bit skeptical as I have ranked pretty good in the keywords it told me was bad to use so not so sure how precise it is but it would definitely be great with more than 1 opinion around the keywords I look up but I never learned to master VidIQ as I founded it to difficult and it also want payment for many of the services.

The ones that they are telling you not to use, are more than likely the ones that have high competition because it'll be hard to rank for those keywords. The ones that you choose to rank for will more than likely allow you to rank for them, but then it would depend on the search volume of the keywords you choose that determines if someone finds it without you promoting your content. Best of luck.

Oh, so daily uploads HELPED you??? I'm still tempted to try, but I don't want a billion videos with no views. It might hurt future viewers' perception of me. I do enjoy it though. I can't check now because I'm at work (shame on me already lol), but what kind of content were you uploading?

Yea I went from 200 subscribers the month before uploading 4-5 times to 500 subscribers back to back uploading daily. I understand where you're coming from but understand this, every single video... Now I do mean the good ones SEO, Title, Thumbnail, Description etc ... Is a new lead for people to find their way to your channel. The more leads you have the more ways there are for people to subscribe so really more uploads can hardly be a bad thing unless you sacrifice quality for it.

Yea I went from 200 subscribers the month before uploading 4-5 times to 500 subscribers back to back uploading daily. I understand where you're coming from but understand this, every single video... Now I do mean the good ones SEO, Title, Thumbnail, Description etc ... Is a new lead for people to find their way to your channel. The more leads you have the more ways there are for people to subscribe so really more uploads can hardly be a bad thing unless you sacrifice quality for it.
That's exactly what I was thinking! People just kept saying it somehow hurt them, so I was worried there was something I was missing. And I edit the crap (literally) out of all my gameplay videos and am a lot more "high energy," coming from my refusal to be nervous at all anymore, so even if I spam gameplay videos every day, the quality is going to be consistent. I know from experience that even when I keep uploading, if my other videos are a more popular topic, they'll still get views. I have tons of Sonic Mania videos to put out and kind of need to do daily uploads.

Don't worry, I've been stuck under 1k for 4 years now, and I'm only 1/10 of the way there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back