Status
Not open for further replies.

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
I'm having such a struggle reaching 1k subs. I've had my channel for about a year, but did take a few months off.

I see new gaming channels all the time taking off and I seem to be stuck. I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong.

I post to twitter and Tumblr when a video comes out. Any other social media suggestions?

I tried a Facebook page but that's really hard to get likes and for people to follow it.

I do livestream and that always seems to help my subs cause I get at least 5 new subs every stream, but I definitely can't stream everytime.

My livestreams also do better than my regular videos.

Content is king.... and so is luck.... unfortunately. But keep going. I finally hit 100 after almost 4 years. Just have to post consistently and try to pick relevant games to go with. And 1 year is not that long to go without 1000 subs anymore. I read somewhere that if you have 100, you're actually in the top 5% of youtubers. If that's true, that just means there are tons and tons of youtubers out there. But you're also ahead of a lot of them at least.

Last edited:
I've checked out your channel a few times, and you seemed to have the most success with Sims 4. However Sims 4 is a really tough niche to break into at this point, a lot of the obvious stuff has all been covered. I actually considered making a Sims 4 channel at one point but I realized there was a lot of established competition. I decided to take a crack at doing some keyword research for Sims 4 just for fun... yes I was procrastinating. I used the TubeBuddy tag explorer so take it with a grain of salt, but who knows there might be something of use to you here:

< I PMed you the keywords in the end so people don't snipe them if you want any of the ideas >

You need videos that can bring traffic to your channel though. Sometimes new ideas can spice things up and evergreen content can help establish a stream of growth. I'm personally a big fan of using search to generate traffic, so I dunno, making searchable videos got me started on YouTube.

For me it was a particular game called Castle Crush and a gateway video that pushed me from 800 subs into this spiral that ended up at over 3k subs right now. I still think for Sims 4 speed builds have worked for a lot of small channels but they also seem to be fairly hit or miss. I would give tips and guides a try too if you are really hellbent on breaking into the Sims 4 scene. Anything where you can provide value to your viewers and face less competition, and get people searching for your video.

Last edited:
Haha dont worry about it, ive been doing youtube for over 4 years and im no where near hitting 1000 subs. Just enjoy what you do, try to do a handful of videos a week. Also collaborating with people really helps, you also make friends along the way.

You got 700+ subs on your new channel already. Thats great Im doing a family channel and I got only 19 subs...

Anyway, my sons love gaming channels... I'll promo your channel to them...

I'm having such a struggle reaching 1k subs. I've had my channel for about a year, but did take a few months off.

I see new gaming channels all the time taking off and I seem to be stuck. I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong.

I post to twitter and Tumblr when a video comes out. Any other social media suggestions?

I tried a Facebook page but that's really hard to get likes and for people to follow it.

I do livestream and that always seems to help my subs cause I get at least 5 new subs every stream, but I definitely can't stream everytime.

You need to cut yourself some slack like some of the people said above 1k subs still ain't much and 1 year on YouTube is nothing most channels need 3 even 4 years to see some serious traction and some take even longer still welcome to the YouTube ladder grind took me over a year to reach 100 subs but I can't stream yet and that does help but I love making videos more than streaming just stick with it and enjoy what you do.

I just took a look at your channel. First thing I look for in a channel is good thumbnails, then I listen for commentary in videos. Good so far. Then I look at what type of videos you make and then think about the competition for that particular game. Competition for most games don't mean much if you are super unique and can do something awesome with the content. If it's typical content that can be found from another bigger YouTube, then it's going to take ages to grow. Next thing I look at is most popular videos. I typical view the most viewed video as UberDanger calls it, a Gateway Video. I call it a viral/mini viral video. Those videos should be in my definition "milked". It's when a video has a good decent amount of views so you make another video with almost identical title and something different about it but same copy and paste formula for the video to gain more views. YouTubers that first go viral need to capitalize on this or they risk losing that audience. Viewership is hard to hold on too when you're small because people have attention spans of a cat lol. Everything is fast paced. So, what I'm saying is, if you would have made more Speed Build videos, you would have milked that keyword for you channel to get more views/subscribers. Hope this helps. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1503847646,1503847200][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha dont worry about it, ive been doing youtube for over 4 years and im no where near hitting 1000 subs. Just enjoy what you do, try to do a handful of videos a week. Also collaborating with people really helps, you also make friends along the way.

I viewed your last video. I was having a hard time hearing you speak. Also, there is not much excitement in your voice. Enthusiasm goes a long way on YouTube. Make your viewers feel like you're enjoying the game play. I would say, research how to be a great sports commentator, and maybe that'll work out for you. It would get your viewers more pumped when watching it. Other than that, it's quite boring to watch the Fifa. Just a honest analysis of your content.

I have same problem I lost interest doing videos as I didnt get much growth my other channel about cars was more succesful got views but not many subs. I have a gaming channel called SSSharpShot I really wanted to grow it with some niche videos only problem is that I cant find my right niche where there isnt so much competition I have a couple of games in my mind or maybe do videos of old cod or battlefield games but how do I know the topic or the keywords around the topic hasn't been used so many times by other youtubers?

I mean I am familiar with tubebuddy, VidIQ and all of that but how am I supposed to find out how competitive my topic/niche are based on the youtubers who has or hasn't already made videos about this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back