Is it better to have a facecam in your gaming videos or not?

JayPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello guys, ive been thinking about using a facecam lately but im not 100% sure if people would like that. Do people prefer to listen to just a commentary throughout the game or do people like to see the face/reaction aswell throughout the video? i do gaming videos by the way but Please let me know :)

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello guys, ive been thinking about using a facecam lately but im not 100% sure if people would like that. Do people prefer to listen to just a commentary throughout the game or do people like to see the face/reaction aswell throughout the video? i do gaming videos by the way but Please let me know :)
I would say that it would depend on whether you are expressive enough that viewers seeing your face would add to the experience of watching your videos.

Reactions: JayPlays

JayPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say that it would depend on whether you are expressive enough that viewers seeing your face would add to the experience of watching your videos.
Ohhh true true, thanks!!

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That is a FANTASTIC way to put it. If it doesn't add anything, don't add it! I personally don't, because my voice is far more expressive than my face haha.

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I add a webcam to all my videos as I'm constantly talking and when I'm streaming I'm interesting with commenters.

Some YouTubers simply play the game and don't talk much. If that is the case I think it makes more sense not to display a cam.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JayPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I add a webcam to all my videos as I'm constantly talking and when I'm streaming I'm interesting with commenters.

Some YouTubers simply play the game and don't talk much. If that is the case I think it makes more sense not to display a cam.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks man! appreciate it

Reactions: Kevin Muldoon